return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Fat shaming
View this Thread in Original format
CharlieJones
It seems these days an observation about weight quickly leads to allegations of "fat shaming".

Would you just stay silent if someone you care about was progressively getting larger and larger with the associated health risks?
SYSTEM-J
Interesting subject matter to make an alt account to discuss.

When I stop to think about it, almost none of my friends are fat. Have you ever noticed you barely ever see fat ravers? That said, in my experience, all fat people know they're fat and they know being fat is . They might put on a brave face or make some flimsy excuses, but they almost all try dieting or getting fit at some point, whether they succeed or not. Whatever you want to say about body image and beauty standards, not being able to climb a flight of stairs without gasping for breath must be a grim existence, and they all know it. "Fat shaming" is basically them asking not to be constantly taunted and mocked for it, because being fat is bad enough all by itself.
Silky Johnson
Yeah, nobody WANTS to be fat. Lots of reasons people become fatties though. Would depend on the person and context.

I bought two new pairs of jeans last week for the first time in ages. They didn't have the one style of jeans in my size so I had to order them from another store. I've been wearing the same size jeans for 20 years, so when I went to try on the next size up just to see, my husband was like "Don't try those on! You'll get comfortable in the larger size and turn into a fatty!" So true. :stongue:
SYSTEM-J
Heh. I did the opposite when I got my fiancée her engagement ring. It was a couple of sizes too big so we had to take it in to be resized. While we were getting her finger measured in the jewellery shop, I said "Better leave it a size larger than your finger, in case you get grotesquely fat in later life." She was unimpressed.
Silky Johnson
:stongue::stongue:
Jon_Snow
Mom jeans
planetaryplayer
"she ain't a lady unless she's 280"

me and my girlfriend are combined 700lbs+

we do it for health concerns incase there is a nuclear war

hail reptiles
CharlieJones
If someone you cared about was doing something else harmful to themselves (drugs, excess drinking) would you intervene?
Trance-M
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I bought two new pairs of jeans last week for the first time in ages. They didn't have the one style of jeans in my size so I had to order them from another store. I've been wearing the same size jeans for 20 years, so when I went to try on the next size up just to see, my husband was like "Don't try those on! You'll get comfortable in the larger size and turn into a fatty!" So true. :stongue:

What actually happened was, he noticed the price, did some math and got afraid you'll spend a load of money because you think you need a total new wardrobe :haha:
Dykes_on_Jay
Fat people should be put in death camps because,as with judaism, it is a choice.

Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
What actually happened was, he noticed the price, did some math and got afraid you'll spend a load of money because you think you need a total new wardrobe :haha:

Lol nope. The whole reason I haven't bought jeans in so long is because I can't justify spending money on them. I am not crazy about shopping or having a closet full of stuff I will never wear. I purge my wardrobe often and when I buy new things, I get rid of the same amount of old things.

And anyway, both pairs of jeans were 50% off. :o
Trance-M
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol nope. The whole reason I haven't bought jeans in so long is because I can't justify spending money on them. I am not crazy about shopping or having a closet full of stuff I will never wear. I purge my wardrobe often and when I buy new things, I get rid of the same amount of old things.

Just joking.
My wife also purges our wardrobe, one reason is that I won't throw anything away, so she does it, and otherwise I would keep wearing out of fashion stuff. The closet size is good way of keeping the amount of clothes within limits.

One size up shouldn't be a real problem I think. Depending on the brand I'm using two sizes. I'm sure many women would dream of just one size up after becoming a mom :)

At work there are two women who lost a lot of weight in the past months, together more than an entire me, 82 kg. Both had stomach surgery, but one of them really needed to otherwise her life expectancy would reduce by many years. I guess that was the message that did make the difference. Both look a lot happier now I did notice.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement