return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Serious help on hooking my components right and working. Check it
View this Thread in Original format
Aldrian
Hey guys what's up?

I just recently got that Pioneer package deal with two cdj100s, a djm300 mixer, and the Effector500 along with a case to house everything. Now so far all i got working is the right sounds to my Mackie Speakers and the headphones are working fine. But how the heck do i make the Effector work? Where am i suppose to hook the effector to? To one of the cdj100 or to the mixer? Do i have to switch the digital switch to one of the cdj100? Please help me the right way.

Also it seems as though my Mic is not working at all. I can't get any sounds out of it. Do i hook it up directly to one of the Mackie speakers or do i hook it up to the mixer. Do I have to switch something? Please help on this as well.

Many thanks for anyone that helps me out on this frustrating setup
jdat
seeing your mixer has no effect loop system you're going to have to put the effector on the master outputs of your mixer ..... not a great idea but you have no choice

what kind of mic have you got ?
Aldrian
so the djm 300 has only two masters. Master 1 or Master 2?

and what part of the effector do i hook that up to? 1 or 2? do i need anything else?

and I have a SHURE SM58 mic. The plus i got should be right since the end fits well to the top of the mixer. Unless i put it somewhere on the effector......
Project T
read the manuals, then seek professional help, u dont wanna bugger yr gear...
Dj Flesch
First off, you really need to go read your manual before you make posts like this because I'm reading it now and ALL of this information that you are having trouble with is IN THE MANUAL! You can download it at www.pioneerprodj.com if you didn't get one with your equip.

Okay, you may need to get adapters for your effector, I don't know what type of plug it comes with.

First of all, you do have two master outs, but you will only ever use one. One is RCA and the other is XLR. RCA is your standard connection that you will more than likely be using yourself. You can plug this directly into your receiver. XLR is meant for really long cables that you find in places like clubs. They are used becaue the longer the signal has to travel through the wire, the more signal loss and power you will get out of it on the other end. For cables significantly over 15' to 20' long (ie 30'+), I would suggest thinking about switching to XLR.

Second, your effector gets hooked up to the send/return just to the right of your power cord. I believe that they use 1/4" TSR (headphone) jacks, just like your headphones should use to plug into the mixer. You'll notice that there are two plugs for send and two for return. If you have two plugs for each on your effector, then no problem, just hook them up left to left and right to right on both. If you only have one plug on your effector, that means that you have a stereo signal being sent through just one cord. If this is the case then you have to hook it up to the jack marked R (for right). The left jack (which, ironically is on the right side) should be marked mono. (If it is marked mono on the right jack on your mixer for some reason, then just use the left one instead...).

For your mic hookup, you may just have a volume problem. Make sure your mic is mic 1 (for ease of explaination, you can use either one, though this one is most convenient), it is the one on the top left of the mixer. Then adjust mic 1 level to about 3/4 or so. You also have a switch to shut off the mic, turn it on and create a talkover. Talkover will kill the volume quite a bit on the music so that you can hear what is said over the mic. At lease make sure it is in the on position then try talkover is that isn't working. You also have to make sure that your mic is on of course (on the actual mic itself if it has a switch). If this doesn't solve your problem. Try hooking the mic up to something else just to be sure that it works. If you don't have anything else, try taking it to Radio Shack and asking them to test it for you.

Also for your effector, you have to use the beat effects module and select send/return (snd/rtn). You'll have to read up in the manual for exactly what to do, but I believe that you must have your cue selected on the effects part to hear it in the headphones, and you have to select the channel source (cue or live) that you want it to affect.
Aldrian
ok thanks for the long explanation. im printing it out now so i can have a clue on what i did wrong. but thanks. i really appreciate it.
Aldrian
where is the mic on and off switch on the mixer? and yes I think I need another adapter for my effector.

oh and also i do have XLR cables for my Mackies but they are only 15 long. will that lose power? probably not. ok i think im on the way to solving this big mess thanks man

shuresm58 mic doesn't have an on and off switch unfortunately
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement