return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

conservative vs liberal
View this Thread in Original format
mongeone
what type of mixing style do you prefer of a dj you are watching?

conservative: main focus is the mixing, trasitions and track listing and placement. medium amount of crowd interaction but contained.

or

liberal: main focus is crowd interaction. where the set turns into more of a trick set with scratching, using samplers (outside of the canned pioneer 600 ones), flanging, beat delaying, track laying. large ammount of crowd interaction like dancing, yelling, pointing possibly even bit of mcing.

me personally i think id prefer the liberal approach id love to see a dj go completely nuts and use samplers, scratch and try some mixes... im willing to give up perfect transistions for craziness... although i must admit dont like the mcing that much gets annoying. for me mcing only works with dnb and hardcore/gabba.

just like to seee what you think... i dont know about where you all from but id say most of what ive seen is pretty contained and conservative... the most ive seen in night clubs is a little scratching and sampling and the flage effect on the pioneer 600 mixers!!!
dj_cuba
what about Labour mixing? maybye we should get Tony Blair on the decks
Technaut
hah ive heard his son is a dab hand at scracthin'
mongeone
or communist give everyone a deck!
TeKnoHe@d2025
quote:
Originally posted by mongeone
or communist give everyone a deck!

LMAO! Good one ;) :stongue:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE