return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
PAUL VAN DYK - FEB19 CHICAGO!
View this Thread in Original format
Porky
yup it's true

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

10PM-4AM
21+

Pork
jdat
w00t

/me takes a residency in chi town :p
Kimmi
They love us!!! The really love us!! :crazy: *faints*
uicsux
hell yah...
uwmadtrance
thank god maybe this venue wont be a ing furnace like Riviera was.
dj2kTA
HELL JA!! This is awesome. PVD is back. I missed him last July because of vacation.

quote:
thank god maybe this venue wont be a ing furnace like Riviera was.

Transit is a pretty cool venue. I saw Lawler there a few weeks ago. It's not hot at all unless yer dancing like crazy. But it's gonna be packed as hell I know so it'll probably get a little toasty. The only thing is that the sound isn't the greatest. But otherwise its cool.

Funny story.. At Transit you can send a text message to a number and the message comes up on this big screen. Well at Lawler someone wrote "when is pvd coming back to chicago?" Well I guess they got their answer now:)
Master
Yah man Riviera had that same stuff with the messages on the screen for the PvD show. I think that was more something to do with the promoters not the venue. The Riviera was dangerously hot. I hope nobody died of dehydration that night. I didnt enjoy that at all. Drenched in sweat immediately upon entering. Dancing made you die. Lets hope this is alot better, no matter how crowded it is there is no excuse, February in Chicago shouldnt be hot!
CAW
PURE, the promoter, does the texting thing. It's amusing, and I'm surprised more people don't do it.

The Riv show was a problem because the Riv's air conditioning units failed. Later shows, such as the Underworld show, people reported it was fine. And now that it's plenty cold out in Chicago, I doubt the Oakie show this weekend, or PvD if they moved him there in Feb., will have heat problems.

Now, I really like PvD. And I would like to see him again. But if they don't change it from Transit, I will have to skip his visit this time around. Transit, while not a horrible venue, will be a disaster with PvD playing there. It's too small for someone with the pull of PvD, for one. And too, bring your ear-plugs or you will leave there with hearing damage. The sound-system there doesn't just suck, it's so badly miscalibrated that words cannot describe it. I also personally have never felt 'the vibe' at Transit, but PvD might bring in a diverse enough crowd that you don't just have the Transit regulars and thus could have a good vibe.

If they're going to do a 21+ venue, they should really have PvD at Vision; it's the only club in the city that could do him justice. But PURE doesn't have a relationship with Vision. Their primary competitor right now (Spundae) has Vision. PURE's next best option after trying to get the Riv again would be to put him in Crobar, but Crobar will be close for reconstruction at that time.

Cheers,
Chris
dj2kTA
Internet-only presale begins January 1 according to PURE.

www.purefuture.com if you dont know

I'll be getting mine:D
DJ_Bod
So, this is gonna be 21 and up? If so, looks like I can't go. :( Damn, I hate being "underage".

julez
What's the cost of the tickets? I can't wait to see PVD again. Though why the show is in the middle of the week on a Wednesday doesnt make any sense to me. It really doesnt matter to me where he plays. He never lets the crowd down.
Porky
quote:
Originally posted by julez
What's the cost of the tickets? I can't wait to see PVD again. Though why the show is in the middle of the week on a Wednesday doesnt make any sense to me. It really doesnt matter to me where he plays. He never lets the crowd down.

the reason it's on a wednesday night is because he's doing a 4 day us tour.

wed-chicago
thurs-boston
fri-nyc
sat-denver

of course nyc has the best trance crowd so they get the fri night spot
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement