return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Backing up ur MP3s
View this Thread in Original format
da_MynDLesS_one
I'm kinda curious as to what everyone uses to back up their gigs and gigs of MP3s...

I want to reformat my HD but to do that it'll require the backup of 8 gigs of tracks, and I don't wanna have to burn 10 or 11 CDs :D

What do u guys do? I wanna keep them safe and secure somewhere without having to spent a lotta money. Any suggestions?
The Wyyl
Depends on how much 'a lot of money' is for you. You can buy 40 gig hard drives now for under $150, so that could solve your problem.

But like you, I've run out of space (and money) so I'm forced to back up my music on CDRs.
Sir. Lunchalot
10 CD`s cost like 3 Bucks...won`t get much cheaper than this. 7G for three bucks...

Burn your stuff. I don`t see a cheaper or safer way.
da_MynDLesS_one
Burning them onto CDs is not so much a cost issue as it is a patience issue :D
mndeg
I put it on my D drive, I have two hard drives, so if I have to format windows nothing on D gets erased
zzleeper
The thing that works best IMO is this:

SHARE YOUR STUFF WITH SOME FRIEND THAT LIKES TRANCE (or whatever u listen)..

Better, share your stuff with MORE than one friend..

In that way, if your stuff is destroyed, u'll have a few backups available
dj_cuba
Backing up your MP3's on a hardrive is just stupid! Hardrives can go wrong or get corrupted without warning. Trust me I should know :D I always back up my stuff on CD-Rs. You can't go wrong with cds. Yes it may take patience, but you'll be thankfull when your HD s up :D

How many times have you seen people posting threads about how they lost X GB of Mp3's on there hardrive? It happens everyday almost. It's not worth the risk imo
Illusion
I've got a 120Giger for my Mp3s :D
blank
burnin them on cd's are the best solution..thats what i do when my HHD fills up..

but try to get some quility cds so u dont have any probs by using them in the future...some cds are ty quality
arj1o1
every month i burn them to 2 of 3 cd's
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement