return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Counter-Strike Memories...
View this Thread in Original format
r00tman
With all the new features and gfx in the new CS releases, you can't help but think back to when CS was still an underground mod.... Back to the good 'ol days before 1.5... the days of beta 4, 5.2, 6.1 and so on...
When I first started playing CS, beta 4 had just been released, and I had just aquired a copy of HL. Well, I really got into TFC and when looking for a server to play online, I stumbled across several Counter-Strike servers, which were rather full. I let my curiosity get to me and downloaded CS Beta 4 to see what it was like... Well at first i thought to myself "This game is confusing... AND hard..." and set it down for a few days... Then one day as i entered my local internet cafe, i noticed that almost everyone in the place was playing CS, so i decided to join and play. Of course i wasn't very good at it, but one guy sitting next to me was kind enough to show me how to use the weapons properly and taught me the tactics used in different maps... Well sure enough i was hooked, and hooked GOOD... for the next 3 years, the game that i played the most online was CS. Eventually I got better at it and joined several clans along the way. Up to this day I still play CS, and will continue to play it as long as it exists...

But anyways... remember back in beta 4 when there was nightvision? wasn't very useful...
And in beta 5.2 the MP5 had that wikked sound and was the best sub-machine gun available... and the m4a1 was also up there as the best rifle, back when you could zoom in with it...
The sniper rifles didn't have a black surrounding when you zoomed in, and for some reason, it was easier to kill with the AWP...
I also rememember when cs_siege had that APC and as a T i used to see a bunch of idiotic CT's drive around in that thing as if they were drunk... what easy kills they were...
Also, the USP model had that little flashlight thingy underneath the muzzle... I dont know what it was used for though...
I also remember the infamous skin cheat in CS that let you use the skin from the opposing team in the game... LOL! What laughs i had with that one...

Anyways, if anyone has any comments or moments they'd like to post, please do so! :D :D :D
twizta
i miss the bunny hop..
jploveparade
I love my P90
a-aplz
CS is fun..to bad it dosent want to work anymore. :(
cycloptor
im sorry jp....its all about tmp kills :p
mndeg
beta 2, when non noobs played
now its noobville
Linx_da_cat
i remember back in the day, beta 3 was when i joined up. when CS actually had a teambase element to it. the game was a helluva lot more quicker and strategic. no cheaters.

the m4a1 with the scope and permanent silencer :)

the police shields in beta 4 were quality and i hear 1.6 is trying to reinstate that. good luck now that everybody's accustomed to playin CS in a deathmatch fashion.

beta 5 was cool. nothing special but was the last quality beta imo before things went downhill.

then beta 6 is came along with the aug and dual pistols for the Ts. the game was slowed down tremendously in terms of walking and running speeds. blah. the beginning of the end :p cheaters invaded...
BTG
I remember the first server i played on regularly, which the admin ended up going out with my sister for a year and a half :D

anyways..
it was around beta 5.2/6 ish...rushing with the MP5 out of the assault wearhouse.

Holy , so much fun.

Gun running was good too. *sigh* I miss my Cobra Triangle (the server :) )
Rhythm
quote:
Originally posted by twizta
i miss the bunny hop..

yeah i know... nothing funnier than at the start of a game... when all ur teammates are hoppin and and buying supplies... lol:haha: :haha: :stongue:
KoreanDJ
I hate people who tries to "SHANK" you, can't they just shoot you in the back? I remember this dude shanked me, and i died and all the people were like "ohhhhh, , u got shanked, etc etc etc" Freaking losers!!

one more.....when the FF is on, I always throw a grenade when the game starts. lol

Stevek :wtf:

r00tman
quote:
Originally posted by mndeg
beta 2, when non noobs played
now its noobville

Actually i don't mind the n00bs... they're easier to kill :tongue2
r00tman
quote:
Originally posted by KoreanDJ
I hate people who tries to "SHANK" you, can't they just shoot you in the back? I remember this dude shanked me, and i died and all the people were like "ohhhhh, , u got shanked, etc etc etc" Freaking losers!!

What does "SHANK" mean? I never heard of the word... :conf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement