return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Simple Question (Please Read)
View this Thread in Original format
Blue.
The games on my dads computer are running like . I havn't had a speed problem but for example in Quake 3 when I play on the title screen the title at the top looks really weird, it looks as if its moving pieces from the title around a bit and keeps doing so while I'm on the main menu, also some of the menus seam to have the jitters a bit. When I play the game the same thing as the title happens, perfect speed but misplaces certain parts of the screen (I can still play but gets annoying and feels like I'm gonna have a seizure). I updated Quake 3 and my video card drivers but it isn't helping :(. The same problem happens with Aquanox (which I also patched) and I havn't tried any other games. It's a good computer so I don't know whats happening

I am running Windows XP Pro
1.8GhZ, 256MB RAM, no virus protection is running or any other programs. Radeon 7200 apparantly but I could have sworn it said Radeon 32MB DDR before :conf:

I tried messing aroudn with settings in the game and with the compatibility option for the game (when you right click and change the compatibility option) but nothing is working, any suggestions?

Also the driver for the card says it might perform a test when my computer reboots (which can take a minute it says) but all it does is start windows, the screen goes black for 1 or 2 seconds and then it's back to normal, no messages or anything.
Blue.
I hate to bump threads (well actually I don't if it'll help me get replies :p ) but I'd really love to be playing some Quake 3 right now :D. I've had this problem before and don't remember how exactly to solve it so can someone please help me out?
Delete
It could be one of the following:

-Your OpenGL is bung
-Your card is bung
drizzt81
1. get the latest drivers from ati
2. look at the amoung of programs running in the backgournd
3. how hot is it in your room?
Blue.
quote:
Originally posted by drizzt81
1. get the latest drivers from ati
2. look at the amoung of programs running in the backgournd
3. how hot is it in your room?

1. Did that allready, like I said I updated my drivers from ATI's site but that did all, installed em' twice and restarted twice.
2. Like I said in my first post nothing else is running.
3. It's not hot in the room at all. Everything else on my computer is running fine, the game speed is good it's just the graphics problem I'm having.
Blue.

Here is a screen of Max Payne. Oddly enough when I took that picture during the game the screen looked a lot more horendous then that. Looked like someone took the screen apart and rearanged parts of it.

Basically the game is playable and runs at it's normal speed but it just looks like pure crap, studdering and moving small shards of the screen around.
Delete
Have you got the latest version of DirectX?
Blue.
quote:
Originally posted by Delete
Have you got the latest version of DirectX?

It's windows XP, it has a pretty good version allready, but maybe I'll see if theres any updates for it.
Prototrance
Could be that you have loads of spyware on your machine slowing it down - this happened to me.

To detect spyware and disable it download Ad-aware from download.com.

hope this helps.
Blue.
quote:
Originally posted by Prototrance
Could be that you have loads of spyware on your machine slowing it down - this happened to me.

To detect spyware and disable it download Ad-aware from download.com.

hope this helps.

Did that allready a couple times but thanks for the suggestion.

Harri
You video card is the minimum required to run some of the newer games like UT2003. To help the games u need to decrease al the settings in the games as the card cannot support high detail or any of the good stuff. I had a radeon 7500, which is 64 megs, and it wouldnt run ut2003 very well either.

Microsoft has the beta version of directx 9 for download, it does help performance a bit

To test your card, u can download 3Dmark2001 and compare yours score to other with the same or simlar set-up to see how your machine is performing.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark2001.shtml

Since u dont have an antivirus ap, u can do a free online scan from http://housecall.antivirus.com/ , it willscan your system and willerase all the bad stuff on there if any. This is an ap provided by Trend Micro that also sells PCCillin.
Blue.
quote:
Originally posted by Harri
You video card is the minimum required to run some of the newer games like UT2003. To help the games u need to decrease al the settings in the games as the card cannot support high detail or any of the good stuff. I had a radeon 7500, which is 64 megs, and it wouldnt run ut2003 very well either.

Microsoft has the beta version of directx 9 for download, it does help performance a bit

I'm notplanning on running UT2003. I can't run many games with lower requirements like Max Payne or Quake 3 which I have more then the requirements for on all fronts. The detail levels are low and if it was the crappy video card then I'd notice lag and since it's running at wicked fast speed it's not the card. I've moved the settings from full to the lowest possible setting and it doesn't help at all.

I have Direct X 9 and I've allready scanned ym computer for virii
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement