return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

2 hug or not 2 hug is the question
View this Thread in Original format
igottaknow
I was brought up in a family where we didn't do much hugging. Now as an adult I make an effort to do it, but it still doesn't come natural. So my question is do you come from a "hugging" family and what are the hug protocols?

Sincerely,

Mr. Wipple

PS

Plz don't squeeze the Charmin
bassaholix
Well i hug everyone but my dad.. 2 weird.. lol

but mostly easier to hug members of the oposite sex... they kinda have more of an impact i guess..

just do what comes naturally, there ain't no protocols...
Izzy
quote:
Originally posted by bassaholix
Well i hug everyone but my dad.. 2 weird.. lol

hehe same here...
on the other hand my mom is so affectionate and i personally have no problems hugging anyone.
its all about being confindent and giving off the impression of being a warm person to the one you're about to hug. peck on the cheek is a very good substitute for a hug (though i totally feel weird doing that to a guy)
Maaz
I come from a "hugging" family :)

If you're not used to doing this since you're a kid, it won't feel natural for a while but can be changed. Do it more often, and after sometime, you'll get used to it.

On the other hand, if no one feels confortable with it, and you have your own way to show how you care for each other, why change?
vito
i don't see why you'd want to hug someone of the same sex, shake their hand
for hugging girls, it must seem natural otherwise they'll sense your awkwardness and they'll become awkward, so don't worry about it, if it seems like an appropriate time to do it, go for it, but don't do it for too long, leave them wanting more (e.g when saying goodbye)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement