return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
What Should I Go With, Windows 98 0r Windows 2000 ? ? ?
View this Thread in Original format
JayD
I just got the Windows 2000 Cd from my friend today I want to install it but I heard Windows 2000 was made basically for the people runing a buisness and I heard some people say it's not worth it... Should I stay with windows 98 or install Windows 2000.. If I decide to install Windows 2000 what should I know before I do?? Thanks
that's correct JayD. be careful. when you install win2k, some of your hardware and/or software WILL NOT be compatible with it, in which case you'll need to download patches and firmware beforehand and . if your comp is just for home use mainly and you play a lot of games and just do fun and aren't really program/memory intensive on your machine, stick with win98.
win2k is A LOT more secure against hackers though + if other ppl use your comp you can set up profiles for each person, and it automatically recovers itself if it gets messed up.
oh yeah.... i almost forgot in the latest service pack theres an option to run in windows 98 emulation mode, so all your progs will run normally :)

LaterZ
quote:
Originally posted by goldenarmZ
oh yeah.... i almost forgot in the latest service pack theres an option to run in windows 98 emulation mode, so all your progs will run normally :)

LaterZ

Can u explain more on this topic??? How do I do it, where do I get it, would I still have to re-install all of my drivers??
quote:

LaterZ

really?? i never knew that...how would one go about doing that?
I'm not really sure... someone told me about it... you could try looking on windows update at microsoft.com??

LaterZ
go for Windows XP!!!!!
it works! and its good! woo hoO!!
quote:
Originally posted by infinity
go for Windows XP!!!!!
it works! and its good! woo hoO!!

i need to get my hands on a copy of that!
hang on...it works? and its good?! are you sure it's made by microsoft?!?

quote:
hang on...it works? and its good?! are you sure it's made by microsoft?!?

windows XP? yeah! it's made by microsoft and it works really well. i haven't seen it over here in north america yet...gahhh! any european's willin' to pass me up a copy and help a brother out??
Whatever you do, do not use WinME. I use it now, and it sucks ass compared to win 98. 98 is much more stable. ME freak out way to often:(

Peace
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement