return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Dj'in with earplugs?
View this Thread in Original format
d|g|
i have tinnitus (that buzzing in the ear) and i dont know if anyone ever tried this or if its possible coz i want to start dj'ing :)
can u use earplugs for when you beatmix?
or will the sound be so low that you wouldnt be able to hear clearly?
hmmm i think its possible..
but the bass output might not be as accurate
and it obviously won't be as clear as headphones
but i guess it 'll do the job
For mixing it's probably not wise to try with ear plugs. Odds are you'll just end up making the monitor/headphone volume that much louder to be able to zoom in on some parts.

If you want to give it a try though, these are the plugs to use. http://www.etymotic.com/musicians/more20.asp

I recommend them for clubbing and such too as they don't muffle the music but still keep your ears safe.

If you are mixing in a loud club keeping the headphones strapped to your head at all times will give you some isolation from high frequency sounds. Also the music is quieter behind all the speakers where your booth should be.

As for mixing at home for fun just try to keep volume levels down to comfortable levels. It doesn't have to be blasting to be mixable. You can still leave your headphones on all the time for this too. You'll need a mixer that lets you switch between split/master input to do this. You can also try to tweak down the highs down a bit to keep your ears happy.
thanks for the link!
maybe if u know more links related to the subject on tinnitus pls post them up ?

thanks again
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement