return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Anyone wonder how much it cost to run Tranceaddict.com?
View this Thread in Original format
CKYTEP
I was just sitting and wondering how much it would cost to run a website like tranceaddict. Forums gotta take a load of traffict and bandwidth with 250-300 members online att the same time. (I remember the days when there were like only 20 people on the boars at once.) Also all the downloads and other stuff.... I dont suppose Swamper is a very wealthy person. Not that i know him personally but i saw his pic once he isnt that old... There is hardly any popups and no blind links, etc. Maybe we should set up some kind of paypal donation thing ya know..... Anyway, just rambling, carry on...
torontotrance
I never think about it because frankly it's none of anyone's business. Swamper runs it and has asked for very few things in return.
Spad
paypal wouldn't be a bad idea to be honest.
Trancewave
I talked to Swamper at an event here in Toronto and I did ask him that question.

Swamper: Take a guess at how much bandwith the site uses every month, Trancewave.

Trancewave: :conf: ummmmm....I don't know, 20 gigs a month?? :conf: :conf:

Swamper: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha::rolleyes: :rolleyes: (whispers to me)

Trancewave: :eek: :eyespop: :eyespop: :eyespop: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He told me how he paid for it, but if you want to know I'd rather let Swamper tell you himself ;)
Trancewave
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
I never think about it because frankly it's none of anyone's business. Swamper runs it and has asked for very few things in return.

agreed! It's none of anyone's business and Swamper asks for very few things in return. He's a solid guy.
igottaknow
Rumor has it that Swamper lures unsuspecting trance addicts to Torana. He imprisons them in pods to serve as human batteries to power his Web site. Say it ain't so Swamper... :(
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Trancewave
I talked to Swamper at an event here in Toronto and I did ask him that question.

Swamper: Take a guess at how much bandwith the site uses every month, Trancewave.

Trancewave: :conf: ummmmm....I don't know, 20 gigs a month?? :conf: :conf:

Swamper: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha::rolleyes: :rolleyes: (whispers to me)

Trancewave: :eek: :eyespop: :eyespop: :eyespop: :eek: :eek: :eek:

couple TBs :haha:

it's insane he's shown some logs of bandwidth usage boy that sucker packs a punch and has the highest output :stongue:
Vanilla
Tranceaddict is a front for a drug cartel. ;)
Swamper
Tranceaddict Servers pictured below:

Feel free a few bucks via paypal to webmaster@tranceaddict.com - your few $ could provide the funds necessary for me to get a new server in a few months. :crazy:
Technaut
holy fack :eyespop:

zarathustra
hehe, Smithsonian 1993...

I think I'll contribute a bit of cash. I love this site and I'll do whatever I can to keep it healthy.
CynepMeH
quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
Tranceaddict Servers pictured below:

Feel free a few bucks via paypal to webmaster@tranceaddict.com - your few $ could provide the funds necessary for me to get a new server in a few months. :crazy:

Hey swamper, I got a Compaq proliant 1600 with RAID and 2 9gb drives sitting around. It's a PII 233 but I figure should work well for a file server. cannot guaranty it's fitness but you're welcome to it. PM me if you like... but warn you, that sucker is heavy and shipping is on you, mate! :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement