return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

will people who live in canada give me some 411 on it
View this Thread in Original format
neo geo
im getting sick of the u.s. right now, especially since they still have failed to realize that cannabis is not a dangerous drug like they say it is.Cigs and alcohol are far more dangerous but they are completly legal. Police around here have nothing better to do but arrest some college kids who have when we have a serial killer on the loose in our city. Now everybody here knows that the u.s. is taking the whole bit about buy cannabis funds terrorism is complete and they need to just make the legal and sell it and use the damn money from it to pay off our national debt. I thought i born in the land of the free, yeah ing right, free as they will let me be. Besides who are they to tell me what i can and can't put into my body, as long as im not hurting anyone else. So after i get out of school im heading up north to canada, the only thing im worried about is the cold.I live in the south where we are used to the heat but we cant take the cold, and i hear that canada is expensive. Is it? Is canada really a nice place to live because i am really thinking of moving there.
montie
quote:
Originally posted by neo geo
im getting sick of the u.s. right now, especially since they still have failed to realize that cannabis is not a dangerous drug like they say it is.Cigs and alcohol are far more dangerous but they are completly legal. Police around here have nothing better to do but arrest some college kids who have when we have a serial killer on the loose in our city. Now everybody here knows that the u.s. is taking the whole bit about buy cannabis funds terrorism is complete and they need to just make the legal and sell it and use the damn money from it to pay off our national debt. I thought i born in the land of the free, yeah ing right, free as they will let me be. Besides who are they to tell me what i can and can't put into my body, as long as im not hurting anyone else. So after i get out of school im heading up north to canada, the only thing im worried about is the cold.I live in the south where we are used to the heat but we cant take the cold, and i hear that canada is expensive. Is it? Is canada really a nice place to live because i am really thinking of moving there.

All the power too you.
I want to move up there after school. If not there either Denmark, Spain or the Netherlands.
Be ready for alot higher taxes though.
cap
ok ok first off cannibus isn't exactly legal in Canada either. Cops will still give you a hassle about it, but in most cases the judge will throw the case out if you are possessing a small amount. Canada is very nice man... very cold winters though... we get a pretty decent summer too though :) If you come make sure to check out Toronto and Montreal, 2 of canada's best cities. And what do you mean Canada is expensive? it's not at all. Our dollar is worth less so naturally the prices of things will be higher. It all works out.

But back to the cannibus laws... the wheels are supposedly set in motion for decriminilizing it so you just get a fine;) WOOT
zarathustra
The cold isn't that bad, unless you're homeless, and there are many homeless people in Canada.
Trancewave
quote:
Originally posted by zarathustra
The cold isn't that bad, unless you're homeless, and there are many homeless people in Canada.

:rolleyes:
Dmatrox
come to alberta with only 7% gst, no pst! :D
Trancewave
hey neo geo, check out the Toronto (er...I mean Canada :D ) section of the forums. There's always a lot happening there.
DCaff
hey neo are you from Baton rouge? yeah i was thinking of going up to canada for awile too.
DaveSaenz
I'm trying to decide between Montreal or Uk to visit....:nervous:
I don't know that I can afford Holland. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

[edit]What's a better place to take pictures??[/edit]
Magimaster
Vancouver (and I'm sure the rest of Canada to some extent) is a ing expensive place to live. Everything here is nuts. Taxes, Gas, Tuition, Rent (in the crap neighbourhoods you could probably find someplace decent, but those are far and few).

But, Vancouver is rated consistently as having one of the highest quality of life among major cities. And I will admit, this place is pretty damn nice. It's clean, not too packed, and lots of stuff to do.

Utopia comes at a high price...

Oh yeah, and Vancouver has pretty tame winters (we didn't even go below -5c this Winter).

quddha
i don't think tution is expensive in canada... not comapred with the states. I know people who come to UofT from the states because its actually cheaper being an international student at UofT than it is to be a local student in the US
Trance My Brain
ok ive been living in quebec, ontario, and im currently in BC

I definitely recommend montreal, for the scene it's way better than most place, top dj all the time, bar close at 3am, Ive found the city more beautiful and welcoming than toronto, rent is way cheaper, and you can still go to english school (id say 75% of the people in montreal speak english) and you are still not too far from toronto if you REALLY want to go there which I doubt ;)

Toronto is definetly a big city, as I said the rent is much more expensive but you'll have more chance to get jobs, and you'll pay less taxes, but I've always found that toronto was much more of a business city, where as montreal is more an art city, (music is a really important aspect of it).

I currently live in Victoria, nice weather close to nature, but again the rent is really expensive my bachelor cost me 535$/month, on the island the scene is VERY different, no after hours and no big rave, most parties are up north on the island... and no after hours, just private parties. Vancouver well I never went out there but from what I heard and read, it looks like a really nice place to be again the rent is expensive and BC is the province with the highest crime rate.

If you want some good weed vancouver and montreal are the #1s spot in canada, and keep in mind police in montreal are more open minded.

here's a link for mtl after hours if you ever drop by
http://www.montreal-raves.com/afterhours.php

another good place if you want more info would be:

www.xvi.com really nice forum.

(id keep away from central canada, but that is only my POV)
oh and I want to make something clear before I get flamed, yes Im from quebec but im not a separatist, but from what I've experienced parties are much more fun in montreal (keeping in mind that you only speak english)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement