return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
How to Record from Your Radio to Computer?
View this Thread in Original format
keown1985
I KNOW this has been asked many times before, but the search button isnt working, I tried searching the internet and couldnt find it. I want to record from my FM radio onto the computer, what do I need to make that happen?

Can any1 direct me to an old thread that it was described in that maybe they have saved or something?

Many Thanks!
:)
Dj_ExOn
What you need is a soundcard with line in capabilites.
You need a cable that goes out from you're reciever or amplifier to you're card and finally you need a recording program like Soundforge 6.0

This soundcard is nice.

http://www.audiocards.com/detail.asp?ID=1163
DJ El Kay Dee
better software tho is Total recorder...u can use it for recording even online streams..really reliable software....

u can find it easily on www.download.com

u will need the serial number after
Dj_ExOn
The thing with total recorder is that the quality isn't that great. There is an annoying hissing sound in the background of the recordings.
Atleast it's so for me. :)
DJ El Kay Dee
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_ExOn
The thing with total recorder is that the quality isn't that great. There is an annoying hissing sound in the background of the recordings.
Atleast it's so for me. :)

for me its just fabulous.....i use it for all my audio recording purposes
Dj_ExOn
Must be my weak soundcard then? What s-card u using?
DJ El Kay Dee
well on one computer i use a soundblaster live and on this laptop i use a yamaha PCI audio card
TigerClaw
I use a WinTV card, It comes with a built in FM tuner, I have the card's audio out connected to the sound card internally using a CD-Rom Audio Cable connecting it to the card's Aux In, Since I have the Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1, I switch the recording input to What U Here and then I just mute everything else except Auxiliary, Then I use Soundforge or Total Recorder to record from that source. :)
Dj_ExOn
I need a new sound card! :whip: :D
decibel08
quote:
Originally posted by DJ El Kay Dee
better software tho is Total recorder...u can use it for recording even online streams..really reliable software....

i like soundforge personally. its a sweet program, easily availble on direct connect or elsewhere. all you have to do is select your recording input by double clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and looking at the recording properties. perfect quality. be sure to mute things you aren't using though.

--dannyB--

keown1985
Thanks Matey, exactly what I needed to know:)
vito
quote:
Originally posted by DJ El Kay Dee

its good, but the total recorder driver is

when i use it the sound skips when i open/close a window or when i connect/disconnect to/from the internet :whip:

still the best prog i've found and records fine when i do nothing
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement