return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Gaming Forum

Zelda: The Weed Whacker
View this Thread in Original format
jzmhed1
Or wind waker, whatever.:) can anybody who has the game give a rundown of the game's pros and cons?
SlickT
I bought this on Tuesday,but I haven't had much time to play.
TeKnoHe@d2025
Don't you mean Wind Wanker or Wind Breaker? ;) :p :stongue:

Well, I've only played a 5 min demo of it @ EB so far and was impressed. Although I'm not a fan of the graphics, the game does play like Zelda. I'll be able to comment more this weekend when I go over to my friends house and play it.
X-Multiply
I got mine the day it came out. I've put in about 3 hours total playtime and I'm at a point now where I'm just about to sell it.

The graphics grew on me the more I played it because at first I didn't like them at all. But what is really getting on my nerves is the level of gayness in the game. On a scale of from 1 to 10 this game ranks an 11 on the gayness scale. I mean the music and the way the characters are drawn and the sounds they make are so silly, corny, and ridiculous sometimes it literally makes me feel embarrassed. I mean it looks as if it was made for 4 year old toddlers that are hooked on the teletubbies. The cutsey thing Nintendo tried to do with this game is just way overboard. Now I know this game may be aimed towards a younger generation but not THAT young. The game does require skill on a level that young childern would have a hard time handling.

Also this game requires a ton of wandering around looking for things to do and this element is a massive time waster. I guess I have lost a little of my patience. Maybe I'm being a little harsh I don't know. I'm curious to hear what others of you that have played it have to say.
SlickT
quote:
Originally posted by X-Multiply
I got mine the day it came out. I've put in about 3 hours total playtime and I'm at a point now where I'm just about to sell it.

The graphics grew on me the more I played it because at first I didn't like them at all. But what is really getting on my nerves is the level of gayness in the game. On a scale of from 1 to 10 this game ranks an 11 on the gayness scale. I mean the music and the way the characters are drawn and the sounds they make are so silly, corny, and ridiculous sometimes it literally makes me feel embarrassed. I mean it looks as if it was made for 4 year old toddlers that are hooked on the teletubbies. The cutsey thing Nintendo tried to do with this game is just way overboard. Now I know this game may be aimed towards a younger generation but not THAT young. The game does require skill on a level that young childern would have a hard time handling.

Also this game requires a ton of wandering around looking for things to do and this element is a massive time waster. I guess I have lost a little of my patience. Maybe I'm being a little harsh I don't know. I'm curious to hear what others of you that have played it have to say.

I just got to the Deku Tree. I enjoyed a lot of the puzzles in first dungeon. I suggest taking some time off from playing the game and comeback when you've cleared your head. That always helps me,but dude I would keep this game its going to be a classic. To me the Zelda series hasn't really been that dark.
Sugarbean
im a diehard zelda fan. i baught all my nintendo systems for zelda lol including gamecube.

i just started really getting into playing it today and i like it. its not my favorite in the series but who knows. i like the grafix. i like how they made the guys you defeat vanish in black smoke lol...and ya there is a little bit running around...im atm running around in circles trying to find the damn picto box lol. all in all i really havent found anything i dont like.
DaveSaenz
I've loved the zelda series, but photography is expensive so all my money goes to that now....and to travel to parties...:( :( :( :(

:toothless
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement