return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

wheels??
View this Thread in Original format
digitalbreach
planning on getting some wheels for my car 17' or 18'
Honda Accord Coupe '00. (silver)
kinda going for the sleak and somewhat sporty look
any recommendations???

also heard that 18's may not be good idea considering the weight of my car??:conf:
M.A.R.K
quote:
Originally posted by digitalbreach
planning on getting some wheels for my car 17' or 18'
Honda Accord Coupe '00. (silver)
kinda going for the sleak and somewhat sporty look
any recommendations???

also heard that 18's may not be good idea considering the weight of my car??:conf:

18's might not be good because your wheel might end up rubbing the fender. if you have the money, you can get volkracing TE37's. i've always wanted those wheels but it costs way too much and thats before buying rubber for it too. :whip: :mad:
tranzformer
i would look at some konig's, they have some sweet rims. i like the appeals and verdicts.
http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_...ubcategoryID=22
a_adl
well listen m8 i ve been through the wheels b4...now the 18' r gona slow ur car..if u like to race and stuff but its gona make it stable like hell...ok i think they r very expensive..so i think u should go with the 17' coz better for the suspension of the car and u also need a sports suspension and springs..coz the car is gona be so high off the ground...so what do u think?
brainfried
OZ wheels not only look the but are the . www.ozwheels.com check that out. and if you get 18's ure gonna rub your arches when you turn there are ways to fix this but not really worth it in my opinion
JohnSmith
my wheels are only 12" but they rock ass.

Orbax
number one...ah hem, its an accord, dont dump too much money into this thing, for the love of god, save up.

other than that, 17s are the route id go. 18s are great when you can be positive that there arent bumps in the road. If youve ever hit a dimple at 150 you know what im talking about. Itll your wheel up. the weight difference isnt going to be killing you because im guessing you have done nothing else to the car weight-wise. So you are mainly going for looks and longevity. Which 17s will probably accomplish more effectively. Do some research on tires also. The W and Z ratings mean something, ask yourself how soon you want to be replacing the soft rubber z tires, or do you want hard ones thatll last forever and the first corner you take slip out. Just dont go shiny chrome, that kills me. Soooo ricer, everyone does it. machined metal makes it look as if you know what you are doing
Konijn Island
On the Accord, def. go with the 17's

Throw on some Anteras, Konigs or Mille Miglias along with Yokohama sport tires and you're done :)
TeKnoHe@d2025
I'm looking for some 17" Motegi MR8 wheels when I get my 1990 Acura Integra soon.

DJ TranceFormer
I'm not sure if SSR makes any wheels for 4 lug cars, but if they do, I would go with the comps... lightweight & look great! OZ wheels are great too...

PS Go with 17's
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement