return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Paul Van Dyk tracks...
View this Thread in Original format
fr0st
Is it just me or is PVD the only one who spins PVD tracks???? I mean as top djs go..........Like i have never heard armin or tiesto drop one...but then again i could be wrong....hey it wouldnt be the first time.
Micheline
you are right.
i thin the same too.
maybe they dont think he produces trance.
arctic
quote:
Originally posted by Micheline
maybe they dont think he produces trance.

and you base that on?
Dahippieman
quote:
Originally posted by fr0st
Is it just me or is PVD the only one who spins PVD tracks???? I mean as top djs go..........Like i have never heard armin or tiesto drop one...but then again i could be wrong....hey it wouldnt be the first time.

AVB 004
01 Sarah McLachlan - Fear (Hybrid's Super Collider Mix)
02 Way Out West ft Tricia Lee Kelshall - Mindcircus (DJ Dazzle's Royal Air Force Mix)
03 Busy Boys ft Nat - Flow Emotion (Galea And Lush Mix)
04 Viridian - Sunhump (Classified Project Remix #2)
05 Joker Jam - Innocence (Paul van Dyk TPOD Remix)
06 Weekend Players - Into The Sun (Riva Remix)
07 Space Lovers - Spacelover (Daniele Tino Space Dark Mix)
08 Konkrete - Law Unto Myself (Dub Version)
09 Alpha Breed - Beyond The Moon (Freejack's Energy Mix)
10 Robert & Jaron - Walls of Indonesia
11 Aquanuts - Deep Sea
12 Taste Experience - Highlander
13 Shane - Too Late To Turn (Armin Van Buuren Remix)

I also got some armin sets where he drops 'Tell Me Why'
P`zazz
quote:
Originally posted by fr0st

actually I've noticed this going on to a bigger scale, it seems as though a certain dj wont play any of the tracks of some other certain dj e.g. tiesto and armin wont play PvDs stuff and PvD wont play tiestos and armins stuff. I think that this is only logic, they are rivals, they are the worlds top 3 trance djs right now (according to that dj mag results) and it wouldn't make sense playing each others stuff, djing is a means of advertising music and that would mean that they are advertising their opponent's products. It's like the marlboro owner smoking davidoffs in public lolz (ok stupid example).
fr0st
quote:
Originally posted by P`zazz
actually I've noticed this going on to a bigger scale, it seems as though a certain dj wont play any of the tracks of some other certain dj e.g. tiesto and armin wont play PvDs stuff and PvD wont play tiestos and armins stuff. I think that this is only logic, they are rivals, they are the worlds top 3 trance djs right now (according to that dj mag results) and it wouldn't make sense playing each others stuff, djing is a means of advertising music and that would mean that they are advertising their opponent's products. It's like the marlboro owner smoking davidoffs in public lolz (ok stupid example).

everyone prog dj spins sasha tracks or bedrock tracks......soo it realy doesnt make since...why one dj would be sooo biased towards others works......armin seems to be the most reasonble...but you hear a lot of big djs spinning yet another day or tiesto works....but it seems noone spins pvd stuff....
Dahippieman
quote:

uhmmmm nope sorry last couple times i saw PvD he dropped Perpetuous Dreamer track and Armin van Buuren - Sunburn and back in the day (circa '98/'99) PvD used to drop Gouryella - Gouryella and System F - Out of the Blue as much as he drops 'Nothing But You' today
Vandit56
Correct me if im wrong but PVD has played armins tracks and Tiestos before hes played YET ANOTHER DAY, GAIA-4 Elements, and hes played Flight 643- Oliver Klien remix and I believe hes played a couple more.

PEACE
RavenStar
Cause PvD is untouchable...he is GOD. Its complete respect for PvD I'd feel guilty spinning a PvD track cause only PVD can spin PVD tracks! Its just not right for anyone else to spin them. All other DJ's FEAR spinning his tracks for he might suddenly appear behind them and beat their a$$!! :toothless :D
JayKuE
quote:

mmmmm. if that's the case, i dont think dj track selections shud be limited/restricted on such factors as who its gonna promote and who its not etc. purpose of a dj is to deliver good music. and a good tune is a tune, no matter who its by.

Micheline
we will never know, except if you just ask them.
b i n k u n
in my opinion...PvD tracks aren't suited to anyone's style but his own. The energy and types of bassline (not to mention his signature kick) is so definitive of him, that it makes sense that only he would play it. All top djs have their own "sound" so it makes sense that you wouldn't hear a PvD track in Tiesto's set or vice versa. Sure there might be some crossovers (there has to be) but when you think Tiesto, you just don't expect hear a pvd track. unless it was his own remix of a pvd track, but we all kno pvd hoards his tracks like none other. so....yea. *shrug.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement