return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
The Abuse Of Simcut's Time (READ NOW)
View this Thread in Original format
Glaniskanis
I'm making this thread for Simon's sake because it's getting out of hand.

Jeez what's wrong with you ppl
Simcut (Simon) is devoting almost all his free time to give you guys/girls a decent evening. And most of you don't even give a damn to turn on TA Radio or even look in the post.
He spent around 30 minutes picking vinyls to play and nobody bothered to tune in.

This is almost always the case when he plays (spending time picking vinyls and (almost) nobody tunes in).

It's really unsatisfying for Simon (could imagine that) this way. I for one already stopped playing vinyls for you guys if it was going on like this for so long.

Please tune in when TA Radio is in the air. It's really worth it (especially when Simon is playing)

Hopefully this thread will make people more aware of what Simon is doing for us here.

Greetz,
Glaniskanis
Lynx
if i was around when he played his set i'd soooooo tune in. i'm not home until late so i can't...:( :( :( wish i could though.
skywarp
Well it would help if he'd give us a reason to tune in - just playing records and talking a little in between doesn't really cut it. If he was actually mixing the tunes (like everybody else who plays on TranceAddict) it would be different but we really don't need a human jukebox - a winamp playlist works just fine.

And another thing - if you play tracks only to get some affirmation from other peeps on here then it's definitely for the wrong reasons. When you spin, then spin because YOU get some enjoyment out of it - if other people decide to check it out that's a bonus. But if you are just doing it for other people's sake then you shouldn't be doing it at all.

Hope I didn't come off too harsh here, but hey - it needed to be said.
skywarp
And also sometimes people just plain and simple don't like the stuff he's playing ... so why should we listen to stuff we don't like, right ?
LiquidX
Well, I would love to listen to Simcuts stuff, as he has some awesome new stuff all the time, tunes that we will never listen, and are awesome ... but my problem is, I dont got a DSL/ Cable, and I only got a 56 K.. I dont have doubled line also, so this screws me up, so I hope you understand ! :-(
laterz!
JayD
The way I put it is this... Simcut has very nice vinyls, they are all high quality and alot of people would like to hear. There is alot of unreleased tunes and alot of new stuff that people havent heard yet. Although, for some people it does get sort of boring when you have to listen through one whole song, then listen through another, then another, and so on. On winamp I dont even do this, I usually scroll ahead in the song and play a different tune before the song is over.. If simcuts stuff were mixed then it would be very different. For example: When you mix you dont play the whole track from start to finish, segments are alwayz cut out from the begining & the end.. So this way if some-1 doesnt like the track that simcut is playing, they wouldnt have to wait long because it wouldnt take long before he comes in with another track.. I think he should do a live mix not just play tunes, if soo my opinion is that he will get alot more listeners. Afterall his name is Dj Simcut right? I hope I didnt come out too harsh either, I am just making a suggestion.. Sicmcut, I do like your shoutcast so dont take this harsh either, just a suggestion again.
TeKnoHe@d2025
I didn't know he was gonna spin 2day and I haven't been on alot because when I tried before the forums were jam packed again. But I would have tuned in.
dvd
dude i know its cool when simcut plays but then people, does he really take 30 mintues to look? i mean. i ask him to play one song for 2 days (even if i have been an ass about it) he still havent played it. I listen to him cause he talks at times and thats cool but then it gets kinda annoying to me cause its a low bit rate and gives me a headache, thats why i rather listen to my mp3s than low bit rate music. that doesnt cut it. yes he doesnt mix cause his mixer is broken *sigh* just dont kick people offwhen they post their sc once when you do it a lot. and like when its on the topic especially. like the method over here..does some auto posts about him playing live..plus its on the freaken topic..dude its not like we're blind if we want to listen we will dont try to force us.
TranceGeek
well, i've listened to him a couple times now, and he actually didn't play one track i liked, now im not putting down his track selection, its just that he plays tracks that arent really my style...
Coup
it thinks sims shows are great, but as luquid x, i too only have 56k and my isp is really poor and i get connected at 28,000! so i have a choice, closing msn which i talk to all my mates from school in, closing icq, and audiogalaxy, and listening to sim, or not listening to sim and that lets me do loads of other stuff i need to do, i listen 99% of the time where were both on, but ppl with poor connections and all the buffering, it just hoggs all the bandwidth and u cant really do nething else! if i had cable or simular, no sweat, id listen!

tu_face
the way i see it is sim plays these tunes to let ppl hear them.. i doubt a lot of us would be able to get hold of most of them so it gives us all a chance to hear the really nu . i know for a fact if was physically able to mix them he would. but with a mixer that u need to bash to make it work, one ed up TT and another half ed up TT its pretty hard! i can hear u say now "so why does he play TA radio at all?".. the answer, cuz he enjoys letting ppl hear these new tunes. i was in the chatroom last night while he was playing, i couldnt tune in (see coup's post) which severely pissed me off, but every time a new tune came on everyone was like "OMGOMG WHAT A TUNE!!!".. so his track selection cant be that bad :)

I think its a shame more ppl dont tune in, but hey who cares if 3 or 300 ppl are listening.. the ones who arnt are just missing out.

peace
totalcarnage
quote:
Originally posted by TeKnoHe@d2025
I didn't know he was gonna spin 2day and I haven't been on alot because when I tried before the forums were jam packed again. But I would have tuned in.

Same here...damn, sorry i missed it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement