return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Sexually Transmitted Diseases - How many are there??
View this Thread in Original format
UglyDave
Hello everyone,

How many STDs are there? And if u know of one can u please post and give a brief description of how serious it is and its symptoms / effects.

A friend of mine's been doin an awful lot of dirty hoes recently and he's gettin a bit concerned. He's not too fond of the jonnys either!!

jonnys = condoms for those who might not know

Also, he licked out one of the girls. and had a bit of a sore throat for a few days. He's also heard that she was in hospital for over a week once with some form of STD.

Anyways, This thread should enlihten us all and make us more aware of the dangers!!

David
butterfly
wow that is scary. and such a serious issue. get tested regularly!!

as for how many, i dont know.

many can be treated with antibiotics, some are viruses with no cure, just medications for teh symptoms. hepatitis and AIDS are bloodborne - you certainitly dont want those....
Fundamental
I read this yesterday, and if I remember right there are 25 STDs. 8 of which have no obvious symptoms, and 4 and incureable...

(might be out a bit, but it gives you a fair estimation)
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Fundamental
I read this yesterday, and if I remember right there are 25 STDs. 8 of which have no obvious symptoms, and 4 and incureable...

(might be out a bit, but it gives you a fair estimation)

are the 4 HIV, Hep B and C, and herpes? i thought there was another one...
Fundamental
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly

Probably is...

I'm sure i'm right about there being 25 though.
DaveSaenz
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly

There is also HPV, and one (I can't remember the name) that is benign in males, but increases the female's risk of cervical cancer exponentially...

Here ya go:

http://www.afraidtoask.com/STD/index.html

Don't read it after you've just eaten heh. :nervous: :nervous:
sothis
people make way too big of a deal about STDs. with the exception of some of them (like AIDS), which are just downright scary ;)

you get the flu all the time, but do you worry sick about that? its a virus that stays in your body. so are some STDs. the key is to become educated, and then youll realise its not as huge a deal as youd think.

for example, 3 out of 4 people will contract HPV in their lifetime. (no, i didnt make that statistic up... check out any informational pamphlet, ask a doctor, etc). seems like a high number, right? not really. most people never exert the symptoms (warts). and if they do, you get them treated, and usually you never hear from it again for your entire life. sure, you keep the virus around... but you also have flu viruses in your system, and others as well. just because its present in the body, doesnt mean you should freak out about it because its an "STD". if i went to the doctor today, i couldnt get tested for it. is that scary? kind of. does it bother me? not really... its so in common, who cares? men cant get tested, women can only get tested for the type that you get inside you, around the cervix.. which is a different strand than the really common type which causes warts. most people pass it along merrily and never know the difference. hence the high statistic.

or how about herpes? the second most common STD. also completely untestable (i found this out the other day and it was kind of shocking. i figured you could at least get a blood test for herpes. nope, not really. same with HPV.. you have to wait till you get symptoms. granted, the thought of getting herpes scares me a hell of a lot more, because unlike HPV, once you get a breakout, itll happen again. and again.

but anyways, yea. read up on sites, become educated.. but id encourage people to not act like you are getting the plague or anything, for most of these "diseases". a large percentage of them are curable, and at least the most common one, is very, very benine or unnoticable if you get it. treat it like a regular flu, cold, or something else. just because its around your genitals, doesnt mean its a huge deal ;)
sothis
by the way, your friend is an idiot. people who are irresponsible should not be having sex, as far as im concerned. not wearing condoms in this day and age means you either have a great desire to get some of these STDs we are discussing, OR have a huge desire to be a father. tell him to get with the program and cover his penis. im guessing he will feel a bit differently about not liking condoms once he has to pay child support for a screaming infant that he conceived accidentally with one of those "dirty hoes". or once he gets AIDS. but hey, it felt good without the condom at the time, right?
USMC_Greg
quote:
Originally posted by DaveSaenz
There is also HPV, and one (I can't remember the name) that is benign in males, but increases the female's risk of cervical cancer exponentially...

Here ya go:

http://www.afraidtoask.com/STD/index.html

Don't read it after you've just eaten heh. :nervous: :nervous:

Wow, what a useful link!

I just found out that "Masturbation has also been reported to enhance self-image, ease depression and anxiety, alleviate premenstrual cramps, and lessen migraine headaches."

No need for a Tylenol, Mom. I'm just going to beat off.

Someone should mention that to Star Wars Kid and maybe he'll beat his way out of the Insane Asylum.
~*AngelsEyes*~
ur rind should go and get cheked out for andy STD's is quuite common these days!! unless you know the person well and trust them enough to do it without condoms make sure he gurl is using some Birth Control unless u want a kid badly !!!
There is my 5 cents
into the topic

butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by sothis
people make way too big of a deal about STDs. with the exception of some of them (like AIDS), which are just downright scary ;)

you get the flu all the time, but do you worry sick about that? its a virus that stays in your body. so are some STDs. the key is to become educated, and then youll realise its not as huge a deal as youd think.

for example, 3 out of 4 people will contract HPV in their lifetime. (no, i didnt make that statistic up... check out any informational pamphlet, ask a doctor, etc). seems like a high number, right? not really. most people never exert the symptoms (warts). and if they do, you get them treated, and usually you never hear from it again for your entire life. sure, you keep the virus around... but you also have flu viruses in your system, and others as well. just because its present in the body, doesnt mean you should freak out about it because its an "STD". if i went to the doctor today, i couldnt get tested for it. is that scary? kind of. does it bother me? not really... its so in common, who cares? men cant get tested, women can only get tested for the type that you get inside you, around the cervix.. which is a different strand than the really common type which causes warts. most people pass it along merrily and never know the difference. hence the high statistic.

or how about herpes? the second most common STD. also completely untestable (i found this out the other day and it was kind of shocking. i figured you could at least get a blood test for herpes. nope, not really. same with HPV.. you have to wait till you get symptoms. granted, the thought of getting herpes scares me a hell of a lot more, because unlike HPV, once you get a breakout, itll happen again. and again.

but anyways, yea. read up on sites, become educated.. but id encourage people to not act like you are getting the plague or anything, for most of these "diseases". a large percentage of them are curable, and at least the most common one, is very, very benine or unnoticable if you get it. treat it like a regular flu, cold, or something else. just because its around your genitals, doesnt mean its a huge deal ;)

i'm sorry but i think you take this situation too lightly. i dont want to be carrying diseases, even if i dont know about them.
sothis
quote:
alleviate premenstrual cramps

as funny as it might sound, greg, that is the case. once a woman orgasms, the muscles become relaxed... a lot quicker than an IBU-profen will. thus, no cramps, or lessened ones.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement