return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 3 
I'm so proud
View this Thread in Original format
Mosaic
I was browsing the news tonite, and I came across this article at CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/09/02/samesex030902

Then I got looking at the websites of these organizations.

I was sickened and insulted by some of the stuff I read.

And for the first time ever, I was inspired to write a few emails concerning political issues.

I support same-sex marriage, how about you?
cap
I believe norms,rules and customs passed down from religion and past generations have to be kept in order to keep some control in future socities, so I say no. I don't mind gays or lesbians being together, though.
tatgirl
I disagree. While it is important to have a mother and father, there are PLENTY of heterosexual people out there who should NEVER reproduce, but there's no law stopping them or background checks. Yet, if u want to adopt or foster, you have to go thru all these screening tests. How many talk shows do are on tv each day where paternity tests are the topic of the day, to find out who the baby's daddy is? Teenagers having babies cuz all their friends have them? People living below the poverty line/ on gov't assistance that can't feed themselves, and then bring more mouths to feed into this world (not to mention, decide to own a dog or pet too!). What about children from divorced families?

There are thousands of kids waiting to be adopted and fostered- a loving home, whether it be a single person or gay couple willing to take care of them, should not be ruled out simply because of that.

Nor would I feel threatened that the institution of marriage is at stake if same-sex marriage is allowed. As it is, divorce rates these days are at 50%- that alone says something.

Gay people did not 'become gay' by having gay parents, you know....
JahSun
theyre not bothering me, live and let live
alec
Meh , the whole world is going to the s right now, so wtf, why not
ryanm
In todays society, we have to learn that there needs to be a seperation of church and state.
drgoodvibe
quote:
Originally posted by ryanm
In todays society, we have to learn that there needs to a seperation of church and state.

bingo!
TranceKitten
I totally agree with Tatgirl, same sex parenting is just as loving and educational as heterosexual parenting. If not even more, I personally have seen same sex couples raising a baby and let me tell you they take care of that baby like no one else would! just for the fact that they can't have one whenever they want to.
As for the religious part---Ryanm said it all.

How many mothers are out there dropping their babies in garbage cans? Lately it has been more usual to hear stories like these, as well as teenage pregnancy and divorce. Some animals take better care of their offspring than some parents do.

Worst comment I heard on the news this weekend : "If same sex marriage is approved Heterosexual marriage is going to be endangered" Hahaha----Give me a break!! Endangered of what??? As if more guys or girls will say oh ok before I had to pretend but now I can do what I want.......look at the divorce rate you morons!!
iranianstud
a child needs a mother and a father...not a dad and daddy's boyfriend who pretends to be a woman sometimes
TranceKitten
quote:
Originally posted by iranianstud
a child needs a mother and a father...not a dad and daddy's boyfriend who pretends to be a woman sometimes

What makes a mother and a father so different than a father and a father? or a mother and a mother?? There are tons of single parents out there that can raise their kids by themselves better than they would with a partner of the opposite sex, why not have some help with someone their same sex? It's not that different.

crazedcanuck
Sexuality has nothing to do with what KIND of person you are, it's just a part of you that you express and share how you want.

Who and how and why you love and make love to someone doesn't ordaine the quality of a person you are, and how fit/unfit you are to parent.

2cents
ryanm
^^^^^^^^exactly

Sometimes a mother and a father do not get along, which can be reflected by the current divorce rate, which I believe is around 1 in 3. If a gay couple decides to have children it wouldn't just happen by 'accident' but rather by well thought out decisions (b/c they have to be artificially insiminated or adopt)

As Nat said, the adoption process is very rigid and they just don't give children to anybody. They do background checks, financial assessments, etc.

I believe the child of a homosexual couple would stand a chance of having a more loving and caring relationship with his/her parents and friends than one with a hetersexual set of parents.

My only concern is how accepting that childs friends will be in the early years of school when children are most affected by peer pressure and bullying. Will he/she be accepted for having gay parents, I'm not quite sure but it is definitely something that should be studied.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement