return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Sony MDR-7509 Headphones, good or no?
View this Thread in Original format
Vlad
Ive noticed that Sony has released a new pair of headphones being the 7509's, for the past 2 months Ive been fixed on getting the Pioneer HDJ-1000's...

I want some information about these 7509's because although they dont look as flashy as the HDJ, they look like they would fit and do just as good a job.
montie
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Ive noticed that Sony has released a new pair of headphones being the 7509's, for the past 2 months Ive been fixed on getting the Pioneer HDJ-1000's...

I want some information about these 7509's because although they dont look as flashy as the HDJ, they look like they would fit and do just as good a job.

hmmm

link to check them out?
DJ Tranz
Vlad, oni kak i vse Sony, gavno! I stoyat namnogo bolshe.

SONY MDR 7509 Headphones

Impedance 24 ohms
50 mm drivers with neodynium magnets
Oxygen-free copper voice coil
3000 milliwatt power handling
Automatic mute switch turns off when not being worn
Reversible searcups for single side monitoring
Frequency response: 5hz - 30kHz
9.8ft. cord with gold-plated connectors
Folding up feature
Carrying case

retail: $189.95

I still say HDJ1000 are best on the market in the under $200.00 price tag...

Cheers...

Vlad, blyat kak xolodno v san francisco, xochu obratno v los angeles gde teplo... ya tebe napishu v ponedelnik, cool!!!
Vlad
harasho
DrummeRaver86
get the pioneer's. they're HOLY.
conk
Yeah the Pioneers are ing hot I love mine.
Vlad
The only reason why these appealed to me is for 3 reasons:

a. Its Sony, its hard to completely ignore this company.
b. These headphones dont have the garbage quality hindged ear pieces like the MDR-V###DJ series.
c. The ear cups arent round, they are ovalish-shaped to fit the ear as precisely as possible.

But I have to admit though I would think that the Pioneer headphones are better being that Pioneer also designs CD-players and mixers, and they know how to put it together to make it sound as near perfect as possible. But either way, I need to try them on physically to see how I feel in them.

1 other thing, if they are , why does PvD use them?
alphazipbo
The sony MDR-7509's are the same as the MDR-V6s in the US. They ARE the music industry standard. Everyone talks about the precise bass and perfect sound. however they are studio headphones. They do NOT have the same outside sound blocking as the pioneers. So if you want really great sounding headphones these are it. They are ment to be used in a studio or home use. But DJ use might not be the best but pretty decent. If you want more info about them search the forum about the 7509's or the V6's (not the v600's those are crap) and see what everyone else says about them.
Widget
quote:
Originally posted by alphazipbo
The sony MDR-7509's are the same as the MDR-V6s in the US. They ARE the music industry standard. Everyone talks about the precise bass and perfect sound. however they are studio headphones. They do NOT have the same outside sound blocking as the pioneers. So if you want really great sounding headphones these are it. They are ment to be used in a studio or home use. But DJ use might not be the best but pretty decent. If you want more info about them search the forum about the 7509's or the V6's (not the v600's those are crap) and see what everyone else says about them.

You're getting them confused. It's the Sony MDR-7506's that are similar to the V6's in the US. The 7506's have gold connection plugs, the V6's don't. I've got a pair of the 7506 - they're awesome.

7506: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gigabuyz/mdr7506.html

7509: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/etronicsnet/sonmdr7509.html

V6: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/millionbuy/snymdrv6.html

Hope that info + links help.
BryZe
I just got a set of HDJ-1000's after going through the whole pioneer and sony investigation deal and these CANS POUND!!!!! They look sweet, everybody thinks I am crazy when I take them off my head to talk and they can hear exactly what the vocals are. BUT when I put them on all they hear is a VERY slight 'ting' from the bass. I have gone in my car and blasted the subs and listened to my ipod with the HDJ-1000's and if I wanted to I could mix in there (ipod only powers the HDJ-1000's to about 50% of what they can handle).

All I can say is you have to try out both sets of headphones before making a decision. Just one word of caution...if you do listen to both you will die if you have to wait for your order to come in...TRUST ME I DID!!!!:D

Vlad
Yea, I know, I have a Sam Ash not far from my place, Im gonna have to take a trip there Tues.
bachatu
I listened to the MDR-7509 before, at an audio store, next to other headphones.
The sound is great, but I feel they are more suited towards studio monitoring than djing. They have a similar sound as the 7506 but a more balanced sound where the highs arent as piercing and with a bit more mid to it. However, it has a quiet feel to it, as they seem to be for precise monitoring.
The Pioneer HDJ1000 has a sound more similar to the MDRV700 where the sound stands out, more than normal. Main difference i found between HDJ1000 and the 700s is that the HDJ had a cleaner sound but spacier (more stereo type sound), but I found the 700s had more bass and easier to beat match with.
The two headphones tend to have kinda exaggerated sound to where you can kinda lay them beside you (being off your head), and you can still hear the track like if they are mini speakers. I believe they are like that to work better with one ear monitoring.
When spending that type of money, i strongly suggest you hit the store and test them out yourself to the same source.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement