return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
colleges/universities
View this Thread in Original format
Paula
What schools do all you college people go to? I'm still in high school (16, a junior), but my senior brother is looking at schools and I'll have to decide sooooo just wondering where most of you go and how life is wherever you are? I'll probably end up staying in state (virginia....ugh....DC area...uva,etc.) but I MIGHT get out of state...
Aya Brea
what do you want to major in?
Mebot
I go to Virginia Tech.

its a huge school but the campus is very beautiful, esp now when the leaves change color and stuff. However, there is nothing really to do here, no major cities except for Roanoke (40 minutes away) there's no real "scene" down here except for if ur a hip-hop or tribal lounge DJ. Then you can get gigs at the local bars and clubs and most fraternity parties. Be prepared for all hip-hop apartment/fraternity parties though.

I keep it real tho by spinning trance on Saturday nights on Tech's student-run radio station. 12-2am if ur ever down this way ;)
yujie__
i just graduated from UMCP. it was easy to get into but now its very hard and cost alot more each year. also parking is harder, classes are more crowded than before, if u plan to live on campus it will even cost more. the business and engineering school is high ranking. books will break your heart and bank/wallet.
DrummeRaver86
Yeah, i'm 16 and a junior in HS right now, but i've pretty much narrowed down my choices of colleges...they include Tufts, Vassar, MIT, V. Tech, G-Town, some other.

yep, i set high goals.:D
Stories
I'm a sophomore at Boston University. The campus is ugly for the most part (except Bay State Road, which is actually quite nice, which happens to be where I live :)) but the academics are pretty solid, and the science programs are strong (which is what I came here for). The trance scene isn't bad at all, with Avalon and all, but I wish they'd be open longer... 2am is way too short. But, Armin, PvD, and Nick Warren in the next 2 months :)
surferfb
I'm at Georgetown, great school, a lot of fun, but it's hard work and there is almost no EDM scene on campus :whip:, but Glow is a subway ride away. :D
Trancer-X
quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
I keep it real tho by spinning trance on Saturday nights on Tech's student-run radio station. 12-2am if ur ever down this way ;)

That's cool as !

I wonder if your frequency carries as far as Roa-toke College? I have a cousin who went there and all I can say is damn what a par-tayyy school! Have you ever seen a party with about 5 ice luges going at once?! LMAO! I think that was normal for them. ;)

The stories I could tell!!!

Personally, I went to the University of Hard Knocks... dropped out of school to trade stocks. Right before that farkin' internet bubble popped :(

Live and learn, right!?

I'm still more erudite than most of my brothers frat buddies who graduated from Hopkins.
Busy Child
Im wat u call a Super Super Senior at Virginia Tech. . . not really though, i had to take 2 years off to work and pay for school/apt myself. Life's a bitch.
Trancer-X
quote:
Originally posted by surferfb
but Glow is a subway ride away. :D

Uh oh, now you've done it!!! You bastard!

Trancer-X
quote:
Originally posted by Busy Child
Life's a bitch.

LOL. And then you die.

It's all good, it's the adversity you conquer that defines who you really are.
Mebot
quote:
Originally posted by Trancer-X
That's cool as !

I wonder if your frequency carries as far as Roa-toke College? I have a cousin who went there and all I can say is damn what a par-tayyy school! Have you ever seen a party with about 5 ice luges going at once?! LMAO! I think that was normal for them. ;)

Actually as a matter of fact, our transmitter (when it works of course! :haha: ) broadcasts at 100 Kilowatts and we've actually gotten listeners call in from Salem, and just outside of Roanoke..

it goes prett far down south as well.

Never been to a party with 5 ice luges... 2 was the max.. but the apartment i was at had a pretty small deck so it culd only fit 2 luges.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement