return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
New Police Drug Tests
View this Thread in Original format
Mikrop
I'm sure a few of you will have heard about the new saliva test for drugs (marijuana and amphetamines) about to come into use by the police.

Does anyone know how it works? What does it actually test for?

I've heard that it's a litmus test. AFAIK, litmus is used to test for pH (year 9 chem). But that is all I know. Anyone else got more info?
bassaholix
Apparently you chew sum kinda crap and then that takes a sample of ur saliva..then then take that crap you chewed n then they test it with their machine.. but apparently it takes i think 5 minutes... :whip:
eRRaTiK
damn those coppers investing money on ways to catch the users... how bout they invest some real time and money and catch the big pushers and dealers!

and stop putting up speed cameras on the corner of every blardy street! :eyespop:
Dj_Psygnosis
I heard you breathe into something and it indicates exactly what you have consumed with different colors running through the machine telling the policemen what drugs you done.
jizza
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Psygnosis
I heard you breathe into something and it indicates exactly what you have consumed with different colors running through the machine telling the policemen what drugs you done.

i think we're after a more technical explanation, as in the scientific theory of it. i for one, would love to know what excatly is being done here. anyone care to elaborate?
Dj_Psygnosis
quote:
Originally posted by jizza
i think we're after a more technical explanation, as in the scientific theory of it. i for one, would love to know what excatly is being done here. anyone care to elaborate?

well im not so certain but it's like how you blow in that machine to tell you your alcohol level, but this machine tells the officer what kind of drugs you have taken by setting out different colours...

i'm still not sure, but that's what i heard.
jizza
quote:
well im not so certain but it's like how you blow in that machine to tell you your alcohol level, but this machine tells the officer what kind of drugs you have taken by setting out different colours...

errr thanks psyg mate but like i said, i would much appreciate a more scientific or technical explanation :conf:
escee
search the age, sydney morning herald, and some other online news sites, they had a story about this a few weeks ago.
OLi_A
quote:

we did this in physics. the concentration of alcohol in your alveoli is directly related to your blood alcohol level. i had a look and alcohol can move across the repsiratory membrane cause it can evaporate in a solution. then you breathe and cop goes "sorry sir your over the limit" and smacks you with his rhythmn stick
so what am i leading to?
i dont think drugs evaporate in solutions like alcohol so how can you tell? mind you i did back the warriors so i could be wrong
lets stop the dealers from selling drugs to our kids in school because no1 wants to see little jimmy all smacked up
julianreynolds
its funny cos every couple of years this story appears in newspapers nationwide. The truth of the situation is that this technology is hell expensive and is totally impractacle atm. My two cents.

DaveBegic
impracticle at the moment? come on dude, this is the drug age, every body is out there getting ed up and the cops are on to it. this is the hottest time for them to strike, cost too much? thats bogus too cause they're already doing it in the u.k.

i already hated cops anyways, this doesnt really alter my mood for the better or worse :D
Solstice
as others have mentioned, the test involves chewing on some sort of strip that is then tested,the process supposedly takes a few minutes. Supposedly the test can check for Pot and amphetamines. Ive heard its being trialled in melbourne sometime soon.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement