return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Girl, 5, makes bong in class
View this Thread in Original format
netw3rkd
Girl, 5, makes bong in class
By Edith Bevin
September 29, 2003

A five-year-old Territory girl shocked teachers when she showed her class how to make a bong out of a Coke bottle during a "show and tell" session.

The incident took place at a primary school in Darwin's northern suburbs.

The revelation comes amid mounting concerns over drug use among Territory primary school students.

At least two instances have been reported to the Education Department of children aged between five and 12 being caught with drugs at school.

In one case the drug was amphetamine. Teachers have indicated this may be the tip of the iceberg.

"The little girl showing how to make a bong was the most in-your-face example of drug culture among primary school students I've heard of," one teacher said.

"It's not unheard of that primary school children will be found with drugs at school," the teacher said.

"Usually it's just a bit of dope - they've probably nicked it from their mum's purse and brought it along to show off.

"I've never heard of dealing at a primary school here."

But dealing at Territory schools is not unheard of, police say.

The NT Drug Enforcement Unit has run operations at high schools targeting dealing on school grounds.

Police would not name the schools involved.

The Northern Territory News has learned a member of the NT Police has been seconded to the Education Department to work on their new drug policy and protocols.

"The drug education policy is under revision to ensure it accurately reflects modern trends," the spokesperson said.

Students with drugs at school are reported to the school-based constable and are subject to suspension.

A Department of Education spokesman said students being found with drugs at Territory schools was rare.

The spokesman said prosecutions against students are not always pursued.

"Depending on the incident, the constable may refer the matter to the police for further action," the spokesman said.

"Usually, the student involved would be suspended for a period determined by the school, taking into consideration the seriousness of the incident.

"The student would also receive counselling and would be required to successfully undertake a re-entry interview before returning to the school once the period of suspension has passed."

Northern Territory News

:stongue:

My kinda girl. :D
MK-S
quote:
Originally posted by netw3rkd
My kinda girl. :D

Prepubescent and addicted to drugs - you should feckin' marry her! :p
dj_mdma
quote:
Originally posted by MK-S
Prepubescent and addicted to drugs - you should feckin' marry her! :p

lmfao :stongue: :haha: :haha: :haha:
torontotrance
Not surprising that it comes from the northwest territory in Canada. Among that society, the suicide rate is 10 times the national average and drug use is 14 times the national average.
DJ-Fuq
quote:
Originally posted by netw3rkd
A five-year-old Territory girl shocked teachers when she showed her class how to make a bong out of a Coke bottle during a "show and tell" session.

That line made me laugh :haha:
Sand Leaper
"For show and tell today,I will show the class how to make a bong."

*throws on Cypress Hill - Hits From The Bong as work music*
arctic
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
Not surprising that it comes from the northwest territory in Canada. Among that society, the suicide rate is 10 times the national average and drug use is 14 times the national average.

It's in AUSTRALIA you silly git :p

Northern Teritory/Darwin are in the land of aus ;)
torontotrance
Your native people have the same problems you idiot! LOL!

rofl canada or aussieland..substance abuse is rampant you know it...i know it.

Actually the northwest territory in canada has a place called darwin funny enuf. I thought it was Canada cuz it has happened before, with young kids making bongs and bringing drugs to school. It's a native issue that happens in most countries with them....substance abuse is high...murder is high...so is suicide.
arctic
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
Your native people have the same problems you idiot! LOL!

rofl canada or aussieland..substance abuse is rampant you know it...i know it.

Actually the northwest territory in canada has a place called darwin funny enuf. I thought it was Canada cuz it has happened before, with young kids making bongs and bringing drugs to school. It's a native issue that happens in most countries with them....substance abuse is high...murder is high...so is suicide.

haha :p

Seriously though, our native people DO have serious substance abuse problems, and no one seems to know how to fix it.
waXology
yeah we start young over here in Australia!
go aussie go!

:D

LiveTheDream
:stongue: :stongue:

5 year old?? by 8 she will be stealing cars:wtf:
torontotrance
In Canada and Australia, it is not out of the realm of possibility. Police a few years ago caught some car thiefs in the northern part of Canada and they thought they were professional car thiefs but in reality they were 14 yr old boys who got bored and who's parents had been into drugs and prison and not watched the boys. They got like nothing cuz the young offenders act took over and you cannot give harsh penalties to kids like that. Australia and Canada are very similar because we both pushed the natives off the land then pushed them into reserves with some rights but our gov't don't want to deal with the problems. The Newfoundland Government took a big step last year to try to combat the problems because all these kids were sniffing gasoline and glue and everything they tried to do would not work. So the native leaders begged the government to do something and they did, they took most of the substance abusing kids by court order and took them about 60 miles away to a treatment centre away from the reserve. Hopefully it will help, there is no right answer in this problem but we need to find a solution because this is costing our governments a fortune.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement