return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Rememberance Day (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
cap
Alright sorry to the Americans

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't have any other country as a neighbour!

Back to the original topic:

Thanks to ALL who served in the World Wars and sacrificed everything to secure a safe and free country.
trancEyes22
heh this thread reminds me of how my 9/11 rememberance thread turned to also. why does every thread with good intentions have to be turned into crap like this? american/war haters, either say something nice or restrain yourself from pressing the "submit reply" button. its really not that hard...

anyway, i have such a greater respect for solidiers after being with my boyfriend. hes in the army, and we just recently found out he is being deported to iraq in march. theres not even a war going on, but the men and women who serve for their countries are truly admirable.

i will definitely keep all those who have fought in wars in my thoughts and prayers, and not just tomorrow.

have some respect people, thanks :)
montie
quote:
Originally posted by cap
Alright sorry to the Americans

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't have any other country as a neighbour!

Back to the original topic:

Thanks to ALL who served in the World Wars and sacrificed everything to secure a safe and free country.

i wasn't offended. :)
did you even say anything about the war in iraq?
the american brought it up.

yes there are some times when it is unavoidable, such as was the case with world war 2.

saying war has been a necesary evil in our world and that without it we wouldn't have our freedoms is a silly justification. wars are events that shamefully came to pass which may not have even needed to come. say woodrow wilson's 12 points were accepted after ww1. and germany was treated as it was at the end of ww2. then hitler may have never risen to power and there may have never been a ww2.

war is an abosolutly horrible and quite absurd when you really think about the reality of it.

but yes i do give thanks to my veterans. i feel sorry for them that they had to go thru such . and am very thankful that i am not in the same situation that they were in at my current age.
King_Mack
jeez

everyone shut the up and show some respect to TTA's thread. Its to show some tribute to fallen heroes, the best you guys can do is keep your flaming comments to yourself WHILE those who care and who are forever grateful for what these courageous individuals sacrificed did for us can continue to share some tribute.

pz
Boomer187
I shall pour out a 40 in rememberence of my fallen homies from previous wars. All too sad when I think of how easily it was to get drafted and killed a few months later. Or how scared you would have been knowing that a country like germany was taking over europe. Or how pissed you would be if someone started taxation without representation.

It takes a lot to fight for someone in office, but someone has to do it or else we would crumble.

rock on.
cap
quote:
Originally posted by montie
i wasn't offended. :)
did you even say anything about the war in iraq?
the american brought it up.

yeah.. but the thread was getting off topic so i decided to be the bigger man and end all hostilities.
Gladius
nice job to ruin this thread!
go fight this out in the political forum plz!
j_spot
thank you grandma and grandpa
to all of you

je me souviens.

and if anybody else posts off topic in this thread, I will go out of line and suspend you without a doubt. Not today, not this thread.
thank you
torontotrance
I called my great-uncle today and said thanks. I do this every november 11th and I talk to him for a bit and then he goes to a school to help with the ceremonies. He was in the war, can't remember where he fought but he did fight and he still carries the scars.
j_spot
my grandfather signed up young, and went over early in the war.
He was hit in the hip with shrapnel, and was pulled back from the front lines. After he got better, he stayed in England teaching infantrymen how to ride motorcycles.

My Grandmother was a nurse who worked in field hospitals, mostly in france, because she was from Quebec and spoke french. After the war ended, she went from concentration camp to camp 'cleaning up' the mess that the Nazis had left behind. We didnt know this until about 2 years ago, when the drug therapy she was on trigged memories that sent her into a breakdown of a sort. I guess she saw some pretty horrific things..things so bad she never told her husband or children.

On the upside, my grandparents met during the war.

NYCTrancefan
To all those who have served in the name of freedom and democracy throughout the world, to put forth the principles of liberty and justice, your sacrifice will never be in vain or forgotten, thank you very much on this day of remembrance.
Perfect_Cheezit
Thank you
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Privacy Statement