return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
what should i get for a start
View this Thread in Original format
non_simpletom
i ran in to like 400 bucks for christmas. i know i can't get any good turntables or a mixer. but what should i get to start off? probably not one of them crappy box sets.
Dzokayi
For some secondhand Technics and a 2-channel mixer. You can find all 3 in a bundle for that price range if you're dilligent.
non_simpletom
ok here is the crap i found. and by crap that is what i mean, the mixer doesn't even have a proper eq. i'm mostly mentioning it becuase it is so cheap. still looking but what do you think?
non_simpletom
whoops i forgot to post the url here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=14987 also here is one that looks a little better http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=14987

but really i don't know what to look for so a little help would be great. i don't want to buy useless crap. thanks
Dzokayi
For Technics & a 2-channel mixer.
DrummeRaver86
don't even bother
keep what money you have and save up more. it's better to be smart and wait for when you can be an awesome setup than waste money on those POS's.
Vlad
Save up $200 more dollars and you would be able to afford 2 second-hand Technics turntables from ebay. My pair cost me $660, only because I was extremely picky and only wanted mint SL-1210's.
punchline
You don't want to spend your money on shoddy tables like the ones featured in that first auction because they are probably belt driven and will be nothing but heartache.

Instead, if you are really eager to start or think the money will get spent on other things before you have saved enough for the entire setup, you should buy what you are able to now and begin saving for the rest. For 400 USD you could probably buy an inexpensive mixer with EQs and kill switches, and probably either a used Technics 1200MK2 or a new Gemini PT-2100.

Then all you will need is to save up for the other table. In the meantime you can get some records, hook up one channel to your table and the other to your computer and run Traktor or PCDJ or whatever program you want. By the time you get your second table, you should be pretty competent at beatmatching and have no problem integrating the second table.
[BE]FusioN`--
yup, i'd go with punchline here...

either waiting and saving some more money or start buying a few things you can already use...
non_simpletom
thanks for the help. i can tell i need more money but i still can't tell the difference between what good and what poop that will never even work properly

[BE]FusioN`--
i guess the rule is the more expensive the better :)

except for numark ttx-1 ;)
trancinchink
BFUsion.... what are u talking about. i've only heard nothign but good remarks about the numark ttx-1's. and those compliments are from dj's who spin at clubs. from what i've been told, they are as good if not better than any model of technics. except for the fact that they haven't been released as long as the 1200's line has. in another 5 years you will be able to determine if if ttx-1's are long-lasting as well.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement