return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Guy troubles: Avril Vs. Christina
View this Thread in Original format
GelatinPufF
Now I recently got into a little squabble with a female friend of mine over a very trivial matter: The fact that I think she looks like Avril Lavigne.

Now I don't know about most girls, but I took it as a suprise that she would dispute my view, and raise the point that she didn't like Avril. In fact, when I bought up the fact that I find Avril exremely attractive, she stated that she liked Christina Aguilera more.

Now being the respectable male that I am(as all males are), I wondered what it possibly could be about Christina that apealled to her. Could it be the fact that she dances around in skimpy underwear? I thought that females were more respectable and didn't like being treated as sexual objects? Could i be wrong? Is there a growing trend among females in western society to look up to such a role model, and then adhere to the view that the only way to be attractive is to skimp down in the clothing department? :conf:

Now I myself have always found a girl who leaves something to the imagination more attractive. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Ladies, out of the two, who would you look up to the most? And guys, who would you be happier taking home to meet mum and dad?

Avril, or Christina? ;)
Boomer187
every girl is different first off. There is no way you can generalize to all girls.

Ahh and I think I like Christina better, I dunno, she is sexier to me (although at times trashy hehe, but thats cool sometimes too). Avril is cute though and she has her "own" style (its been done before by many). But if I had to choose I'd pick christina.

but if I was to take her home to mum and dad, I wouldn't hehe.
anuneventrade
Niether. *shudder* I'd take home Sasha, she'd get along well with the 'rents. :stongue: :stongue: :stongue:

On the actual topic-

Christina used to be gorgeous. When she had blonde hair was was fit and dressed like a regular chick, she was amazingly beautiful. Now, she's trash. Complete and utter trash. Avril... She's very pretty, but she seems so... *searches for a way to put it* desperate to portray this image of a battled life and "I'm so more hardcore than you".

I wouldn't look up to either of them. Nor would I take home either of them. My "idol" for a long period of time was Mia Hamm, actually. I don't look up to any "famous" personnel anymore... especially not singers/actors.
ASOT100
Christina is a way better artist than Avril, Britney, JLo, etc. Listen to some of her songs off her latest Stripped album, her voice is amazing.

I admit Christina goes a little overboard with her wardrobe but at least she's being different and unique. Who gets more attention? Someone who dresses like everyone else or someone who has their own style that no one else touches.

I'd prefer a smart, talented girl than just a looker.
Moongoose
Id take Christina over avril anyday. I dont like how avril looks, i dont like how she sounds and i dont like her attitude. however i woudnt take any of these two home.

I would take home Cameron Diaz (move over Justin!) :D Or maybe that girl who played Gogo in Kill Bill :D :D hen she doesnt have that "Just look at me the wrong way and ill cut your balls off" look on shes wery cute :D
mezzir
bottom line:
Avril: Punk gone Poser
Christina: Amazing voice that got lost behind the marketing

i prefer christina, just because her voice is ing angelic
unfortunately recently she's been singing....less than great songs :(
T-1000
I'd pick Christina over Avril anyday anytime. I'm not interested in who sounds better anyway, the bootie....baby....:toothless
Dmatrox
christina is hotter, avril is not

i dont see how avril is attractive, but i guess people have their own tastes
Boomer187
^^LMAO at your sig dmatrox^^
))the source((
Well, me being a respectable female, I would pick Avril. Even though boy-ish, she is a pretty girl.

Christina has transformed herself into marketing prostitute with her 'angry and rebellious' sexual demeanor. News flash...it's all one huge marketing stunt ladies and gentleman. This is not to mention that she is a huge whore now. She goes around acting all disgruntled and disturbed because she had a bad relationship with her father or some bull like that. Then feeling the need to tell us that her life sucks and she hates everyone. Someone bring me a shovel.

Because there are so many disturbed children, teens, and young adults in society now, they feel that they can relate to her. And there is the first marketing scam.

Even though I am neither a Christina or Avril lover...I respect Avril much more because she has not incorporated 'sex' into her image. 'Sex' has proved to be one of society's greatest weakness in this day and age. Marketing scam number two, obviously. I do not support any singer who has strengthened society's weakness and has camouflaged their voice with sexuality to make more cash.

Christina, thumbs down to you.

mcleod
i want to marry avril:crazy:
Shad0wmaster
i wouldn't really want to take either of them home...i don't like christina's music, and i don't like avril's poppy punk rock act...but if i had to choose one or the other, i'd pick avril, because she's from Quebec and so am I :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement