return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
wine
View this Thread in Original format
DaveSaenz
What are some good kinds of wine? I don't know anything about wine, but I do like it.:happy2:
basd
Do you prefer red or white?

I myself like a good red wine, I am even starting to prefer it over beer (well, at least at home). My personal favourites are South African, you can't go really wrong with them. Just try some out and pick your personal favourite :)
DaveSaenz
Yep I like red wine over beer or most anything else. I was just wondering what are the best ones?:D

Indeed it's all about personal choice I guess.;)
PHALPAX
Depends how much money you wanna blow on the stuff and what your serving it with. The best value for red wine, in my opinion, would be "Yellow Tail" which is an Austrailian wine. For more expensive red wines your looking at more towards the Italian and French wines, such as a Château Mouton-Rothschild.

The best value for a white wine would be something from California...Kendall Jackson or something like it. More upscale white wines would be the French white wines, something like a Meursault Blagny.
montie
Carlo Rossi is the best hands down

you can buy a huge jug of it for like 6.50

:p

i actualy don't know too much in the way of good wines, its something ive really wanted to become educated in.
jp
Wine from South-Africa and especially Chili is excellent and not too expensive :)
Orbax
Red wine. Dont sip it. Any red wine on earth will be bitte unless taken as a decent mouthful. Let it breath for a couple of minutes to help get rid of bitterness as well.

Regions to check out

South Africa, Australia, aforementioned chilean wines, and Napa Valley.

98 was a GREAT year for Napa valleys as was 96. There was a Santarita 98 and 2001 that was awesome.

There was a kind of silly named wine from South Africa called Goats do Roam (Goeths du Rome har har) that was decent. I think it was a 2000. So many good ones really, with some hidden jewels in there. What you need to do is learn what makes a wine decent, and then have fun finding ones you like. I am a fan of earthy, heavy stuff. Ive only had it twice and forget what it was but there was a wine that was fermented with Tobacco leaves in it. SO GOOD.

So have fun with it. Get some spicy vegetable barley soup, some french bread, and enjoy.

Cheers.
Dumba
Jacobs Creek, any form, quite cheap and won wine of year 2002 :)
DaveSaenz
quote:
Originally posted by montie
Carlo Rossi is the best hands down

you can buy a huge jug of it for like 6.50

:p

Ahaha. I've been drinking that exact same cheap , and also Ste. Genevieve. It's pretty decent.
Misty Kitty
reds, tbh you can pick up a nice rioja or merlot for £5 (i wouldnt buy any wine under that price you are guaranteed to have cats piss with a bladder infection taste)chillean generally passable, i like some of the australian or spanish reds also.

whites i dont like as much, but now adays if im going to drink them ill fork out a fair bit, my favourites are sancerre & chateau neuf du pap or a muscadet

i also recommend a good pinot noir as well

gernerally if you spend around a fiver and you know a good wine to get you wont go wrong. if you want to get the really nice stuff you are looking at around £25 ++ most of the middle price stuff is just a good/bad as the £5 stuff. I dont usually bother spening more than £8

trancEyes22
california wines are really good....i esp like pinot grigio :tongue2
igottaknow
buy something with a cork in it ($5+) and you'll do all right, decide how sweet/dry you like your wine (knowledgable clerk will be able to help you), then comes the fun part experimenting. If you can find vinyard or store that does wine tasting events you'll be able to expose yourself to large number of wines at no cost.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement