return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Cleveland
View this Thread in Original format
osuracnaes
So I'm pretty new to the whole event/club thing, and I'm wondering what there is to do in Cleveland. I only know of a few clubs, and don't really know where to find out about any events in the area.

I mean... it's not that bad of a city.
Ang ' ela_ie
No, Cleveland isnt that bad. You have to be patient though. Ususally the best bet if you want something real good is to wait for a decent DJ to roll through town.

Some clubs that arent all that bad either when you catch them on the right night with the right DJ...

In the Warehouse District:
The Funky Buddha
Tramp (on top of Funky Buddha)
Club Atlantis ;)

Abbasso brings in some ok DJs, too, but most of the shows are 21+.

The flats dont really provide a great trance scene from what Ive experienced. I dont recommend the Jungle/The Beach Club, ESPECIALLY on Thursdays, as that is the underage night and its just a bunch of highschoolers trying to pass off as 18. They mostly play remixed rap and cheese like whoa. But when thats all you can get you might have to just deal.

Just be patient and wait for a good show. In the meantime peruse the Warehouse district/Flats...
butterfly420
Cleveland actually has a really good scene these days. A lot of really good djs roll through the city. I saw Steve Gerrard at Abasso last Saturday and his set was off the hook. Some of the clubs that I know about that have good events are Abasso, Moda, Wish, and Metropolis. Abasso and Wish are 21+ but I do believe that Moda and Metropolis are 18 or 19+.
d_christopher
Welcome to Cleveland, osuracnaes!

There is stuff going on, for sure.

Go to http://www.headrushmusic.com

This weekend, 7/24 Trendroid of Transport 6 fame will be in town at Abbasso.

TRANSPORT 6 (Kinetic Records)

Disc: 1
1. Blackhouse/A Cappella: From Dusk Till Dawn [Acappella] - Lexicon Avenue
2. Free Thing - Sean Thomas
3. First Reunion - Martin Fry
4. Sagres - Sultan
5. Fleabitten/A Cappella: From Dusk Till Dawn [Sander Kleinenberg's Audio - Lexicon Avenue
6. Haunting Me [Iberican Dubby Remix]
7. U [Original Dub Version]
8. Slightly Forward [Trendroid Mix]
9. Carnivore - Pocket
10. Open Your Eyes
11. Pleasurist
12. Understand Me

Disc: 2
1. Insane Poem [Stephane K. Mix] - Stephane K.
2. Action Reaction
3. Be You [Trent Cantrelle Mix]/A Cappella: From Dusk Till Dawn [Sander Kl - Paul Hamill
4. Bounce Your DJ
5. Trendication - Trendroid
6. Dirty Bass - Carl Cox
7. Rhythm
8. Ecoute la Musique - Forbidden Planet
9. Flash Point
10. Western Approaches [Evolution Remix]
11. Forget Time [Prawler Remix] - Terra Deva
12. Flying - Valentino
13. Slinger
osuracnaes
Great stuff, d_christopher...

Too bad most of it's 21+. Oh well.. just another year. :happy2:
pattbateman
cleveland blows!

i dont think i could hate living here anymore!~~~~there is definitely somewhere else i need to be!!!!!! ....miami maybe ......
Ang ' ela_ie
quote:
Originally posted by pattbateman
cleveland blows!

i dont think i could hate living here anymore!~~~~there is definitely somewhere else i need to be!!!!!! ....miami maybe ......

Well then I suggest you move. Youre the anomoly.
Most people here really like it.
ETKY2
whew...I've been in Clevealand for 4 years and I'm ready to head out. :(
d_christopher
Granted, Cleveland is not the easiest place to live if you are into the music, but believe me, I used to live in New York City and you guys don't know how lucky you have it. $10 to see Trendroid, Jondi and Spesh, Noel Sanger, Steve Porter...are you ing kidding me?? In intimate venues where you can walk right up to them and talk to them? :eyes: Arc in NYC is closed, as is Filter 14...Miami...yeah, it's great for the weather...but so many of those clubs bring out the same 5 djs over and over and over and over again. It's a tourist town, and my gf used to live there, and it gets to be pretty expensive. I've had my days of saying Cleveland sucks, but I often say it sucks not because we aren't doing cool things here, but because people bitch and don't support.

I get really sick of hearing people complain about how much Cleveland sucks when there really is a lot of very cool underground stuff going on.

Do us all a favor and quit complaining and start coming out dancing! If you know enough about the scene to find this message board, then there's no reason why Cleveland parties shouldn't have every single one of you partying your asses off instead of sitting at home in front of your computers.

Tonight is Matthew Dear at the Grog Shop, Saturday is Trendroid at Abbasso, last night was a FREE Dieselboy party ...

See you on the dance floor!

http://www.clevelandnightlife.net
pattbateman
i am a realist, ill stick with cleveland sucks!

d_christopher
quote:
Originally posted by pattbateman
i am a realist, ill stick with cleveland sucks!

That's the problem with Clevelanders -- they all have a defeatist, self-loathing attitude. Talk to 99 out of 100 Clevelanders, and they will bitch and moan about how much Cleveland sucks. Guess what -- nothing is going to change until this collective loser attitude is eliminated. Yes, positive thinking does make a difference, especially in large numbers. Stop being a "realist," and start being a dreamer, and soon enough, your reality will improve, and others will join you. Get your ass out there and start making a difference, at least for yourself. We need more people taking the first step and being leaders instead of resigning themselves to the collective "groupsuck."

--D
Ang ' ela_ie
quote:
Originally posted by d_christopher
Tonight is Matthew Dear at the Grog Shop, Saturday is Trendroid at Abbasso, last night was a FREE Dieselboy party ...

See you on the dance floor!

Er... tonight as in Friday night?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement