return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
This is random.. but..
View this Thread in Original format
mto
.. what do you guys use to shave your face? Can all the fellas answer. For past 4 years i've been shaving with Mach 3 Turbo form Gillete. However, it really irritates my face. Wtf should i do? Should i go electrical? And if so.. what? Also, if you know, whats a good non-alcoholic solution to use for my face to remove oil and redness? I don't have an acne problem ,but my face gets really irritated due to shaving. Thanks.
torontotrance
I've used the Mach 3 for yrs

I say use a sensitive skin gel, I know people that use skin creams before or after shaving.
Ek0nomik
Well, I work at Walgreens, however not really in the cosmetics part of it. I have seen all sorts of different face creames and though that you could use, stop by Walgreens if you have one near you and check it out... should find somethin. As far as the shaver, I have an electric Remington Titanium R9170. (I went to the bathroom to check, couldn't even remember. ;) )

Now... go spoil yourself and buy some equipment!
mto
Is electrical better than hand shavers? I mean, when you use electrical.. do you have to put shaving cream on or what's the process? I never used an electric shaver nor have seen anyone at the time of usage.
Ek0nomik
I haven't used a hand shaver, so I couldn't answer that. Electical shavers you just simply turn on and start shavin. I don't have any irritation or anything so maybe I am just quicker or somethin', but I can shave in about a minute or so and be on my way... :)
torontotrance
The electric shavers nowdays, clean themselves, the braun one does and the thing has a battery meter. You don't need to use gel to use them but the cost is usually 100 bucks. I shave 1-2 times a week and I don't spend much on razors or gel. I can see if you shaved everyday, then you could consider it. I just don't see the electric razor as worth the cost for me.
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by mto
Is electrical better than hand shavers? I mean, when you use electrical.. do you have to put shaving cream on or what's the process? I never used an electric shaver nor have seen anyone at the time of usage.

yes electrick is better!
mto
I see. My facial hair is just really thick, and i usually get the shadow really early in the afternoon if i shave in the morning. So lately i came to realization that the good old Mach 3 can't serve me right anymore. I mean, i dont cut myself or anything. Just major irritation. It sucks.
djdust
I use the Mach 3- but that bitch just isn't cutting it. I have to use like 4 strokes per spot to get rid of hair. Anyone tried that new one that Gillette has out?
Vigilante
DO NOT get an electric shaver if you have sensitive skin or you have an acne problem. It irritates your face, trust me, i have used one for about 3 years, but have changed to the good old fashioned razor recently.

I think your best bet would be to get some sensitive skin gel/aftershave or something like that, as people have suggested

Emil
quote:
Originally posted by mto
.. what do you guys use to shave your face? Can all the fellas answer. For past 4 years i've been shaving with Mach 3 Turbo form Gillete. However, it really irritates my face. Wtf should i do? Should i go electrical? And if so.. what? Also, if you know, whats a good non-alcoholic solution to use for my face to remove oil and redness? I don't have an acne problem ,but my face gets really irritated due to shaving. Thanks.

I use a Mach 3 also and I had the same exact problem you do with redness. I use Old Spice sensitive skin shaving cream now AND I use this stuff from Clinique. It's called "Post shave healer for Men." It's awesome, after I shave I put some on a tissue and rub it in my face, presto no more redness. So buy some of it, you won't be disappointed.
mto
quote:
Originally posted by Emil
I use a Mach 3 also and I had the same exact problem you do with redness. I use Old Spice sensitive skin shaving cream now AND I use this stuff from Clinique. It's called "Post shave healer for Men." It's awesome, after I shave I put some on a tissue and rub it in my face, presto no more redness. So buy some of it, you won't be disappointed.

Do you use this clinique stuff along with aftershave or do you just use it alone?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement