return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Ohio TAs
View this Thread in Original format
tribu
Well. who here is an OHTA? Ive been impressed by the names weve been seeing (mostly in Columbus) over the last 18 months, as far as trance DJs go. Also, hearing progressive at some local parties has really been a nice thing for me.

Well, as you mightve guessed, i live in Columbus, and I do go to Ohio State. Right now im living in a house off-campus, but that will change soon, as this area sucks. Im just wondering who else around here lives in Ohio, what you do for fun, etc.
smoorhs
whats up ohio buddy. I live in Akron and go to Akron U. I didn't go to OSU or OU because a few family members have breast and/or skin cancer.. so I stayed close to home to keep in touch with them constantly.

There is not much to do in Akron.. so we usually party up in Cleveland to see Armin. I've seen Armin and Darude in Cleveland.. and Armin in Columbus. I missed all Tiesto and PVD appearances (unfortunately).

The Red Zone was pretty cool down in Columbus and the parties are great around campus :).

Hope more OHTA's respond.
Ang ' ela_ie
Im from Cleveland, going to school in Chicago. :D
_Nut_
quote:
Originally posted by Ang ' ela_ie
Im from Cleveland, going to school in Chicago. :D

Thought you went to Valpo, and speaking of, a Valpo grad is in my dynamics class. Me thinks she wants to become a TA here but she isnt yet.
tribu
quote:
Originally posted by smoorhs
whats up ohio buddy. I live in Akron and go to Akron U. I didn't go to OSU or OU because a few family members have breast and/or skin cancer.. so I stayed close to home to keep in touch with them constantly.

There is not much to do in Akron.. so we usually party up in Cleveland to see Armin. I've seen Armin and Darude in Cleveland.. and Armin in Columbus. I missed all Tiesto and PVD appearances (unfortunately).

The Red Zone was pretty cool down in Columbus and the parties are great around campus :).

Hope more OHTA's respond.

If youre talking about Armin at Redzone last October (A week after Tiesto was there), I was also at that show. It was a great time, though he didnt play the one tune I wanted to hear at the time. Too bad about the situation with your family, but it was quite nice of you to stay where you could be near them. If you're ever gonna be in Columbus, PM me a few days in advance and we can chill or something.

I hope more OHTA's respond too as I believe there are several on this board, but they are not too active, I think
smoorhs

armin @ redzone, and yes, nov 14 or something i think. week after tiesto.

which one are you?

And.. I'll be sure to call you sometime I'm down there. May be coming down Sept. 11 for a 7 kegger. ;)
Ang ' ela_ie
quote:
Originally posted by _Nut_
Thought you went to Valpo, and speaking of, a Valpo grad is in my dynamics class. Me thinks she wants to become a TA here but she isnt yet.

Sambo nobody knows where Valpo is, its just so much easier to say Chicago. The only reason you know it is bc you live in Chicago. Do you think everyone from Ohio is going to know where Valpo is? No. ;)
tribu
I do, I almost went there, but they only offered to pick up about 80% of my tuition.

Wait, we've had this conversation....
pattbateman
i live in cleveland area. go to csu. have friends at every school including o state. party there all the time. travel everywhere to see shows new york, detroit, miami, just got back from armin at crobar in nyc! amazing! only have a few friends into the music that travel with me. party in dt cleveland every weekend all summer downstairs at tramp. ( they play house/trance) pretty cool but def. a ty club in comparison to clubs in big cities. like to meet more of you. anyone in the area hit me up when a dj is in town or if you know of any good clubs to go to. or if something is going on in the ohio area!!
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by pattbateman
i live in cleveland area. go to csu. have friends at every school including o state. party there all the time. travel everywhere to see shows new york, detroit, miami, just got back from armin at crobar in nyc! amazing! only have a few friends into the music that travel with me. party in dt cleveland every weekend all summer downstairs at tramp. ( they play house/trance) pretty cool but def. a ty club in comparison to clubs in big cities. like to meet more of you. anyone in the area hit me up when a dj is in town or if you know of any good clubs to go to. or if something is going on in the ohio area!!

wtf you go to Tramp? :stongue:

There's def much better things to do in Cleveland

and well yes Me too am in Ohio. Rocking it Cleveland Heights Coventry style :toothless

pattbateman
i used to live on warrensville and cedar. yeah tell me where else to go i have no ing clue. funky buddah downstairs at tramp isnt that bad for edm. i dont really have any other clue where to go seeing that most my friends are to cheap to go dt and dont like edm
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by pattbateman
i used to live on warrensville and cedar. yeah tell me where else to go i have no ing clue. funky buddah downstairs at tramp isnt that bad for edm. i dont really have any other clue where to go seeing that most my friends are to cheap to go dt and dont like edm

go on clevelandnightlife.net for a calendar of local events. There's also a forum.

There is stuff going on pretty much every weekend and this summer was VERY busy EDM wise.

I see you posted on NYTA about
PVD
Tiesto
Armin
Ferry
Acosta

They ALL played in Cleveland in the last six months :disbelief
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Privacy Statement