return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
AVB & Markus 10/09 Who's Going? (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
sti3
So maybe it would sell out quicker and they could charge more at the door. First time I saw Tiesto was at rednofive, and it was a blast.
g222leav
yea, tiesto @ redno was great...however, there were a bunch (actually 3) dudes that were like 1/2 naked dancing with each other.....redno has a cool vibe, i kinda miss pure events there...
wolverine16
Hey, the Spundae people do a good job booking shows so I'm not gonna argue with them if they're Bringing G&D, Armin/Markus, Max Graham and BT/Gray Area to Vision all in the near future. There's already a number of venues apparently cleaner than Vision that are always having shows, so it seems the only issue is what to do for the big shows. Soundbar seems to be the only other place regularly booking big names and while it's good that SB charges less for beer, it's way too small for big shows (e.g. when PVD played there). It would be great to have other venues booking too, but the big names need lots of capacity and at least for me, personally, I wouldn't really want to go somewhere like the Aragon, which likely wouldn't provide drinks or a good vantage point up close to watch the DJs mix. How have HOB and the Vic been in the past when hosting shows like PVD and Oakenfold?
ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
ctprincess,

its looks like your not fimilar with the nightclub scene in Chicago if you beleive Vision is clean or a top club by any standards. I was being kind by saying it was dirty. Do you work for vision!:tongue3

Armins favorite club....:stongue: ....ummm maybe because this is the only place hes been booked to play at when he is in Chicago. You should be smarter not to fall for that sh!t. I would love to see if he made the same comment after playing elsewhere.

I think I just might show up to piss you off :haha:

no - i don't work for vision or spundae. but, i am somewhat new to the scene in chicago (been here 1 1/2 years). however, i have been to sound-bar, rednofive (before it went glam), vision, smartbar, zentra, the riv, hob and a couple of other places and lived in washington dc, new york and la and have been to various clubs in those cities too and i have definitely seen/been to dirtier clubs.

if you knew anything about clubs and promotors, you'd know that its the promotors that bring in the dj's, not the club. and you'd also know that spundae was recently bought out of godskitchen, of which armin is a monthly resident in birmingham, uk - so i highly doubt that armin will be spinning at any other venue anytime soon in chicago. plus, from what i've heard from both armin and ferry is that spundae/godskitchen are some of the most professional promoters around (you don't hear horror stories like you do for other promoters, such as having ppl wait in line for 3 hours or the promoter not picking up the dj at the airport etc.) and regarding vision being one of armin's favorite clubs - i can only go by what he has said in interviews and i'm sure that he's comparing vision with clubs all around the world

all the clubs in chicago have their issues (soundbar - too small dancefloor, no place to sit; smartbar - gets way too hot; zentra - too small dancefloor; hob - too far away from the dj booth, crappy sound system etc.). no club is perfect.

from your post it sounds like you don't like armin or markus or vision - so why waste your money? thats all i'm saying - and why post such negative comments? - just keep them to yourself - negativity is just not warranted IMHO. if you came with your negative attitude, you'd just kill the vibe for the rest of us.
sti3
quote:
Originally posted by g222leav however, there were a bunch (actually 3) dudes that were like 1/2 naked dancing with each other...
OH MY GOD! THE HORROR!
quote:
redno has a cool vibe, i kinda miss pure events there...
Make that had, at least from what I've heard. Sad though, I agree.
UWM
quote:
ctprincess,

its looks like your not fimilar with the nightclub scene in Chicago if you beleive Vision is clean or a top club by any standards. I was being kind by saying it was dirty. Do you work for vision!:tongue3

Armins favorite club....:stongue: ....ummm maybe because this is the only place hes been booked to play at when he is in Chicago. You should be smarter not to fall for that sh!t. I would love to see if he made the same comment after playing elsewhere.

I think I just might show up to piss you off :haha:

You are an idiot.

Piss off and see PvD wherever it was he was going to be. We'll all be having a great time @ Vision.
ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by sti3
OH MY GOD! THE HORROR!Make that had, at least from what I've heard. Sad though, I agree.

yes - redno had a GREAT vibe at one point - until the club owner kicked out PURE and wanted to make it a glam club with only bottle service
Dave Piazza

UWM,

I once respected your opinion and thoughts ; I no longer can make the same statement after what you have said to me.

You have upset me many times before and I have tried my best to control my temper.

This comment and others are not what I expected from someone like you. I do not want to be associated with indiviuals like yourself or others that respect this type of attitude.

I am formally withdrawing my CTA memebership, and ceasing to communicate on this forum. I will make sure to bring up this comment and your attitude to the other mods in TA.

Kindest regards,

Dave

=====================================================

ctprincess,

true. I agree. I apologize for the negativity and had no intention to insult you. Its just that someone on this message board is bringing the bitterness out of me.
neile
Dude its a forum people are gonna have dif. views, but you post your views like they are facts. I have always thought you were condicending talking about Dj skills and the clubs. I am glad you are leaving this forum. Vision is by no means dirty, and you can tell Armin and Ferry love playing there! I have been to most clubs in Chicago and the midwest and I love Vision if I were a big Dj Id love to spin there! I will totally be there for Armin and Markus and I cannot wait its gonna be massive!!! I think Armin is gonna blow the roof off Vision, he knows he owes us for the last time he was here.
We should have a group meetup, pizza sounds good to me.
everything0
oh yeah, forgot to add....

i'll be there!

UWM
:stongue:

Whatever you say. You come into a thread about a particular show only to bash the venue that it is going to be held at, to bash the artists that will be performing, and to criticize the intelligence of respected members of our forum. By all means feel free to contact any other mods of tranceaddict.com and share your opinion of me with them.

Love,

Rob
Wraith
quote:

UWM,

I once respected your opinion and thoughts ; I no longer can make the same statement after what you have said to me.

You have upset me many times before and I have tried my best to control my temper.

This comment and others are not what I expected from someone like you. I do not want to be associated with indiviuals like yourself or others that respect this type of attitude.

I am formally withdrawing my CTA memebership, and ceasing to communicate on this forum. I will make sure to bring up this comment and your attitude to the other mods in TA.

Kindest regards,

Dave

=====================================================

ctprincess,

true. I agree. I apologize for the negativity and had no intention to insult you. Its just that someone on this message board is bringing the bitterness out of me.

I agree with neile here. I've read alot of your threads you make and stuff that you've posted in the DJ booth and you state everything as an absolute fact and most of the time you dismiss any and all opposing views and come off like a pompous ass. Go ahead and disavow all allegiance to the CTA board and what-not. I hope that makes you feel better.

BTW - I will be attending this event as well.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Privacy Statement