return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
People are Pessimistic
View this Thread in Original format
Theresa
OK, so here I am at work, promoting a draw we are having for people to win a $1000 gift certificate to a popular technology store.

There is no catch, no purchase necessary, just fill the ballot and see if you win. What do you have to lose?!?!?!?! NOTHING!!

But for some freakin' reason people keep turning down filling a ballot. I get stupid reasons like "I wont win", and "I don't trust these things".

What the hell?!?! Why is our society so negative? Why can't people just be excited about something like this? Why do people have to be so pessimistic?

It is disheartening because people aren't happy. I wish there was something I could do to help people feel better, but there isn't a whole lot I can change in their dismal lives.

I think I need to get out of customer service. It's depressing me! Anyone understand what I mean? Any thoughts?
Ang ' ela_ie
That sucks.

;) Kidding. I know what you mean tho.
Floorfiller
people are really pessimistic. sometimes i find myself feeling that way, but i try not to stay in that state of mind. i'm usually too happy a person to let things get me down.

and as far as rafels...they are complete awesomeness...i remember back in 1st grade we had a class rafel for this big stuffed ninja turtle...AND I WON IT!!! it was sooooo cool. it was huge!! i was so happy. then of course i was showing it off to the big kids up the street and they ripped it apart :mad: :mad: ...so i chased those ******s with my bat...i was soooo sad :(
tribu
Maybe hes so negative because these drawings are often staged to do several things from set people up for pyramid schemes to simply amassing a collection of names to sell as an advertising mailing list. Often the winner of these prizes simply "donates" a percentage of their winnings back to the company. I saw this in my catholic schooling for years.

, that was really pessimistic. Maybe someone will actually win...
Boomer187
you don't sound so pessimistic about it and you are a person. :wtf:

so I guess you should become pessimistic to keep your theory correct.
Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by tribu
Maybe hes so negative because these drawings are often staged to do several things from set people up for pyramid schemes to simply amassing a collection of names to sell as an advertising mailing list. Often the winner of these prizes simply "donates" a percentage of their winnings back to the company. I saw this in my catholic schooling for years.

, that was really pessimistic. Maybe someone will actually win...

Nope there is no collecting of people's names or anything. All of the ballots are shredded after the draw. Completely clean!!!

And yes, I would say I am usually an optimistic person :) So yea there are some optimistic people out there, but doesn't seem like a whole lot :(
Radagast
My guess is that you're labeling anything they say that isn't up to your optimistic standards as pessimistic. Saying they won't win or that they don't trust a drawing doesn't automatically make someone pessimistic. They could be cautious, lazy, or just don't feel like doing it. When you ask them they aren't going to tell you that though. It would be rude.

And you're basing your view of people on a frickin drawing. It seems important to you, I know, but I would think that a lot of people don't care for drawings or competition so much. Maybe they have other things on their mind.

Do you think this post was pessimistic?
DiMethGuy
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa
OK, so here I am at work, promoting a draw we are having for people to win a $1000 gift certificate to a popular technology store.

There is no catch, no purchase necessary, just fill the ballot and see if you win. What do you have to lose?!?!?!?! NOTHING!!

But for some freakin' reason people keep turning down filling a ballot. I get stupid reasons like "I wont win", and "I don't trust these things".

What the hell?!?! Why is our society so negative? Why can't people just be excited about something like this? Why do people have to be so pessimistic?

It is disheartening because people aren't happy. I wish there was something I could do to help people feel better, but there isn't a whole lot I can change in their dismal lives.

I think I need to get out of customer service. It's depressing me! Anyone understand what I mean? Any thoughts?

as long as you can remember the customer is an idiot and is always wrong...u'll do fine
fitom tiel
i think that's really apathy, and pessimism is an excuse
Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by Radagast
My guess is that you're labeling anything they say that isn't up to your optimistic standards as pessimistic. Saying they won't win or that they don't trust a drawing doesn't automatically make someone pessimistic. They could be cautious, lazy, or just don't feel like doing it. When you ask them they aren't going to tell you that though. It would be rude.

And you're basing your view of people on a frickin drawing. It seems important to you, I know, but I would think that a lot of people don't care for drawings or competition so much. Maybe they have other things on their mind.

Nah, there is a lot of other stuff that makes me think that people are pessimistic. I could give hundreds of examples, but I chose this one.

And yes, this was a pessimistic thread, but even those who try to keep things optimistic have some pessimistic thoughts too, the difference is, is that they aren't like that during the majority of their time, unlike a person who is a pessimist.

What I am trying to say is that people need more happiness in their lives!!! I hope that I never get like that :(

SportTrance
quote:
Originally posted by Radagast

lol
trancebrat
Theresa...damn them all to hell!

J/K!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement