return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Which Digital Camera Do you Own? Recommendations for SLRs?
View this Thread in Original format
PeacefulWarrior
Any input on good digital cameras that you own and would recommend is appreciated. Specifically, I'm looking at the single lens reflex digital cameras (ie Nikon D100 Sony; Cyber Shot DSC F717).

Thx,
Dave
malek
I had the Sony F717, decent camera, actually pretty good if you can still buy it, maybe the best Point and shoot you can find on the market for its price. Its a bit cumbersome, but it has an amazing lense.

I also have the Canon Digital Rebel 300D, excellent camera too, the lense is ok, if you know a place in your town where you can rent lenses for cheap then you're all set.
BadBadNeil
www.dpreview.com They have lots of reviews and VERY in depth, more than any of us here could probably tell you.

Personally
We use a Canon 20D at work, thing is amazing. Best part about the canons is that their digital and 35mm lenses are all interchangeable. We also have a Nikon D100 SLR. It is good as well but not as good as the Canon.

I was talking to this girl at my girls sisters wedding and she just bought a Rebel SLR which she said she loves. That is more of an entry level SLR at only around $900 or so but has received some good marks.

These are your typical medium to higher level digital SLR's. There are some outrageous ones out there but I think Canon is the best under $2500.

Good Luck!
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by BadBadNeil
www.dpreview.com They have lots of reviews and VERY in depth, more than any of us here could probably tell you.

Personally
We use a Canon 20D at work, thing is amazing. Best part about the canons is that their digital and 35mm lenses are all interchangeable. We also have a Nikon D100 SLR. It is good as well but not as good as the Canon.

I was talking to this girl at my girls sisters wedding and she just bought a Rebel SLR which she said she loves. That is more of an entry level SLR at only around $900 or so but has received some good marks.

These are your typical medium to higher level digital SLR's. There are some outrageous ones out there but I think Canon is the best under $2500.

Good Luck!

lol...any SLR will have interchangeable lenses. The F-717 and 707 are not SLRS...still good cameras though!

You can find slightly used D60 (6MP, better than a 300D) on ebay for like 6-700$...then you need some lenses...

-Clovis
kamil
any noob asking about SLRS shouldnt get anythiing better than a Rebel.....thats what its for, for noobs, and, more importantly, it doesnt take nooblike photos, same sensor as 10D, i use a rebel, and ive done professional prints. came out VERY nice.
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by kamil
any noob asking about SLRS shouldnt get anythiing better than a Rebel.....thats what its for, for noobs,

i was chuckling at that post. its like asking whats the best laptop because your thinking of getting an ATX mid tower. :stongue:
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by igottaknow
i was chuckling at that post. its like asking whats the best laptop because your thinking of getting an ATX mid tower. :stongue:

Haha...Kamil is totally right. Because even if a n00b gets a 20D...he'll be shooting in full auto or Program and not using any of the functions he paid for... :wtf:
malek
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis86
lol...any SLR will have interchangeable lenses. The F-717 and 707 are not SLRS...still good cameras though!

You can find slightly used D60 (6MP, better than a 300D) on ebay for like 6-700$...then you need some lenses...

-Clovis

you're wrong ;)

SLR = A type of camera with one lens which is used both for viewing and taking the picture.

so, the F717 is an SLR.

has nothing to do with interchangeable lenses.

pwned?
kamil
quote:
Originally posted by malek
you're wrong ;)

SLR = A type of camera with one lens which is used both for viewing and taking the picture.

so, the F717 is an SLR.

pwned?

WRONG.

A SLR is a single lens reflex camera. Light coming into the camera through the lens that takes pictures is reflected up by a mirror behind the lens onto a ground glass screen above. You look at this screen through the viewfinder and a 5 sided glass prism (a pentaprism) is used to turn the image the correct way round.

so, does the F717 have a mirror?

No, i didnt think so...

ps. PWNED.
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by malek
you're wrong ;)

so, the F717 is an SLR.

pwned?

Why do they call those "SLR Like" then? :conf:

Hmm maybe I am wrong...whatever...I just know that all Nikon and Canon DSLRs have interchangeable lenses...

malek
quote:
Originally posted by kamil
WRONG.

A SLR is a single lens reflex camera. Light coming into the camera through the lens that takes pictures is reflected up by a mirror behind the lens onto a ground glass screen above. You look at this screen through the viewfinder and a 5 sided glass prism (a pentaprism) is used to turn the image the correct way round.

so, does the F717 have a mirror?

No, i didnt think so...

ps. PWNED.

EDIT: for the f717, no it doesn't not have a mirror, but what you see on screen AND the electronic viewfinder is the exact same thing as the picture you'll take, hence the SLR apellation.
kamil
its ONLY SLR like.....trust me, i get payed for photography.

SLR = Single Lens Reflex

meaning, it needs a mirror, meaning SLRs use a mirror, therefor, anything that isnt "single lens reflex" is not an SLR.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement