return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
PvD @ Riviera Feb 19 (PURE event)
View this Thread in Original format
ctprincess
thought you bitches would like to know ;)

http://www.purefuture.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=19661

also the Deep Dish residency is HUGE IMO - getting them to commit to a residency is a pretty big deal
everything0
getting deep dish to play together is huge itself. a residency? :p wow
wolverine16
:wtf: Excellent news on both counts. The Riv may be an odd place to see PVD, but anything is better than seeing him at Soundbar without being able to move, even if the sound quality is slightly worse.
ctprincess
i think i saw pvd one time at the riv a few years ago - and it was hotter than hades in there!!!!!!

i'm guessing that it *might* be an 18+ show at the riv

p.s. - you should all be proud of me - i posted a PURE event
:wtf:
lücid
nice, haven't seen PVD since HOB over a year ago. is The Riv a fairly huge place? i can't stand being packed in like sardines like it was @ HOB. i love PVD, but i can't justify spending what will most likely be $40 to be squished into a corner all night.
born2trance
holy sh*t i'll be sure to be there
D&GGIRL
quote:
Originally posted by ctprincess
thought you bitches would like to know ;)

http://www.purefuture.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=19661

also the Deep Dish residency is HUGE IMO - getting them to commit to a residency is a pretty big deal

Wow!!! That's great news! Thanks, that just made my day! :D
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
nice, haven't seen PVD since HOB over a year ago. is The Riv a fairly huge place? i can't stand being packed in like sardines like it was @ HOB. i love PVD, but i can't justify spending what will most likely be $40 to be squished into a corner all night.

Yeah, the Riv is pretty big compared to a lot of venues. It's basically a larger version of the Vic, where Oakenfold was this summer. It should be perfect for PvD as long as it doesn't fill to capacity if there's an 18+ crowd. Then it certainly would be 100+ degrees, because the ventilation there is bad (horrible memories of heat exhaustion at the Ramones!). I believe it's a lot bigger than HOB, at least in terms of floor space, and definitely larger than the sardine can with 2 support beams known as Soundbar.
UWM
There's no way I'm going to this. The last time he was @ the Riv was one of the worst nights out I've ever had.
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
There's no way I'm going to this. The last time he was @ the Riv was one of the worst nights out I've ever had.

What was so bad? The sound quality or too packed & boiling? I know PvD usually packs other venues, but I thought this would be large enough so there'd be a bit of room to move around.

KID-M
It was an awesome set (very much like his Essential Mix from July 02) but it was July, 100 outside and about 120 inside. I cant believe no one died (seriously). Everyone in the place was dripping in sweat, shirts off, etc. after about 5 minutes. Hopefully it will be normal temp in there being that it will be about 5 below then...
Porky
quote:
Originally posted by UWM

the heat that night was a combination of many factors
1. 90degree outside temp for a summer night
2. broken air conditioner
3. overcapacity
4. no ventillation

if the show is on a chilly feb night with proper ventilation the show should be ok
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement