return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Official Celebration 2005 Review
View this Thread in Original format
Marcus007
Wow. Okay so I'm wired and I'm feeling quite crappy at 7:12 AM. I just thought it'd get a headstart on this. :)

* Sneak's set wasn't one of my favourites but the 10,000 others there didn't seem to mind him. :)

* Was Eddy Jasmin the black dude? If he was he ing had some awesome beats.

* Sander was pretty ing leet too.

* The rising/lowering lights? Pretty fkn trippy. First time I've seen that (But I'm also a pretty big noob).

* Holy , security. I've been to B&B and Tiesto but I've yet to see security so... well, tight.

/me thinks the security guard liked searching me a little too much.

* I missed Max Graham BUT, when I left (6:30AM) there were still about 10,000 people there... which says a lot. :)

I hope you all had an awesome night and a safe one.

POST YOUR REVIEWS!!!
Zeiter
cool, seems u had fun..i was out 2 with friends but didn't go to any related trance events..just went in a club on grande allée in quebec and it was pretty fun...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
that guy
i dunno who was spinning at ~8:30am but that killed it for me. it went from this techno mood all night to this kind of mellowed beat that stayed around for a while until i left. i was thinking it couldn't be sander k, unless he's chillin' everyone out or something. wanted to stick around for max graham but the night/morning kicked our asses. anybody know any crackheads that were there for the whole time?
Marcus007
My girlfriend lasted till 9. I left at 6. :(
FunKenLouis
DJ DAN IS A GOD !!!
Marcus007
100 EDDY JASMIN > ALL (plus he's from the west island)

P.S: <3 vBulletin Forums.

P.P.S: Anyone know where I can find some of his stuff?
Marcus007
That's a pretty damn cool sig louis.
Wisnia
Ya me and a bunch of friends, some from this forum, some not, stayed till the very end. Till they turned the lights on!! Man there was a lot of water bottles on the floor :eek: ,

anyhow, i spend my new years in a lineup till 12:20,
dj sneak did not do it for me, his music seemed too repetitive, and the style didnt suite my likings. People seemed to enjoy him however. Might have been the fact that i wasnt into the vibe yet.

Simon P dropped some real nice tunes, but not all the time. First time i heard him, and i'd say he is good.

Dj Dan was awsome!! and everyone seemed to enjoy his set. Funky and fun.

Sander - omg, for me, best performance no doubt, man kept on putting quality tracks one after the other. Why did he show up late (almost an hour)? Did anyone see that guy that came to complain about his set? He was screaming at the dj to get off and that the 100 bux tickets were not worth it. I talked to him and asked him what was up his ass and he said that it was a big waste of his money and that half of the bell center was sitting down cause of his set. :whip:

Max i liked, like usual. However, i caught him on better nights. (that track that he provided for the celebration's website is pure insanity)

Overall, i had an AMAZING time, not only cause of the music and vibe, but also because of the people that i was partying with.
Kane13
Awwww man... last nite was just absolutly nutty!! It was such an amazing crowd, vibe, sound.. i loved everythin about it..

Got in at 3am and the first thing that constantly caught my attention was the abundance of beautiful girls everywhere.. it took me awhile to fully get into the groove of the whole atmosphere cuz i was so concentrated on the females at first lol

Got in with some friends (Deluca, Djmisho, and mmx) and met up with wisnia in time to catch 1 hr of simon perraults set.. i was really impressed and im quite pleased that he will be a new resident at aria.. he was bangin some bumpin tracks..

Then DJ Dan got on at 4am.. and he was all over the place.. i love his style... and he dropped so many sick tracks.. his set was extended till 7.. why?. not that im minded... and then he finished his set with The Phone Track... the one song i wanted him to drop all nite... so perfect!

Sander got on at 7 and i think sander was by far the best.. i dont remember most of it but i remember wut a smooth set he played.. he dropped a couple crowd bangers like at cream.. smack my bitch up and song 2.. he didnt play blue haze which me and my friends were dying to hear but he dropped some tracks from his latest compilation..

Finally max graham.. was the first time hearing him .. he did a great job but i was just preoccupied and already gone after sanders set so i wasnt quite >there< for most of his set.. but still well done all the same.. (anyone know the last last track he put.. after he finished his set and came back to drop one final track??)

im also looking for these tracks i think Dan dropped
one of them had vocals of: keep your head up
and the other went like: been a long time *vocals* since i g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g *bass*
if that makes any sense :stongue:

Anyways, all in all the nite was one to definetly remember (or try to) and me and my friends had a blast.. thats it.
alec
I can't type because I just fell on my hand outside so I'll make it short. Sneak sucked, guy after seemed ok, but probably only because sneak sucked so bad. Dj Dan was good for the first bit, but got too hard for my likings, but probably very good for the montreal crowd. Sander played one ing amazing set, full of choons, max was amazing, we left after the song after owner of a lonely heart, which was the main reason I went, just to hear that song on a big system. Crowd was hot, and great. Heat was perfect. Room was perfect, sound was amazing.

BTW, don't drink 11 redbulls. I've only slept 2 hours in the last 32! :nervous:

Marcus007
Can anyone name that song Eddy Jasmin played.

A fastforwarding song that a femail lead sings, "Girls don't like cars, girls like money". Although, I may be completely wrong.
Kane13
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007
Can anyone name that song Eddy Jasmin played.

A fastforwarding song that a femail lead sings, "Girls don't like
cars, girls like money". Although, I may be completely wrong.

I wasnt there for eddy jasmins set but its probably a remix of Good Charlotte - Boys & Girls
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement