return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
whhhyyy!??!
View this Thread in Original format
R.j.
why is it that when i record myself i suck so bad??? I mean yeah i know i'm not THAT GOOD, maybe not even good but i can mix decently if im not recording... then if i try to record i always tend to up on the third transition.... anyone expeirence this too?
beats and beeps
Just record every single time you play.

Problem solved.
Dervish
Everyone gets it I think. Basicly I thing we put pressure on ourselfs and just stop concentrating on what we should be concentrating on. Kinda like when you think you might clear up at pool often you'll put yourself of on the next shoot just because you realise you could clearup.

EDIT: What he said probebly. Never tried it but might work, lot of pissing about though.
R.j.
quote:
EDIT: What he said probebly. Never tried it but might work, lot of pissing about though.

tell me about it.... i try and try and try... once i was 'bout 55 minutes in my 'set', but it was hell mixing all of the tracks, mainly because like you said, it's probably the pressure, and i moved the pitch too much then i was suppose to when the beats were getting out of sync and it just all ed up.... :( ahhhh i got so mad....:mad:
DannyO
I hear you man, I always seem to up when mixing, but I record every set to try and get used to it, when I'm not recording I do it all so easy, so I think its us puttin pressure on ourselves, the best sets I ever did where ones that were recorded and I didn't know they were, also I find playing to a crowd easier than playing to a recording device, dunno why.
`pr0digy
I'm about to go record a set right now :) Just gotta pull myself away from Sienfeld. I always record my sets, gets me used to it, and I also find that while something may sound decent or great when I'm mixing, when I replay it in my car it sounds /just okay. Perhaps it's my headphones only mixing (no speakers, they died) - the bass just isn't the best in my Sony Eggo phones (not for mixing anyway).
R.j.
quote:
Originally posted by DannyO
I hear you man, I always seem to up when mixing, but I record every set to try and get used to it, when I'm not recording I do it all so easy, so I think its us puttin pressure on ourselves, the best sets I ever did where ones that were recorded and I didn't know they were, also I find playing to a crowd easier than playing to a recording device, dunno why.

ah yes, i can play infront of people no problem; i can beatmatch in seconds DAAMM i amaze myself sometimes.. but when im RECORDING, i go from 'decent mixing' to 'crappy mixing', the process of mixing takes so damm long that i don't have time to carefully choose the next tune I want to play, thus Im forced to play whatever i see first, if i even get the chance, and if i dont mess up....

oh well from now i'll be recording every time i mix so i can use to 'this pressure'....

plus I REALLY Needa get used to it, so i can put something up on TA and my site for grabs...
Greedy
this is where good headphones come in handy.
Audigy7
Beh, I record every time I spin, but, it seems like my beatmatching sounds pretty good when I'm spinning, but when I listen to it later, it sound HORRIBLE. I guess I just suck.
DJ Joshua H
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
Just record every single time you play.

Problem solved.

Yeah just keep it recorded all the time or if you are working on a promo cd just record it several times.

DJ 00 Tommy
If your recording a cd and you just wonna get it done you can always edit :D
eyeball_2003
personally whenever iv thought 'right gonna do a set' iv recorded myself with audacity on my pc, and becasue iv always done it i feel no pressure, honest to god tho my first set to my latest one, the difference is amazing:stongue:

just record yourself alot, play to mates and family members, girlfriends, boyfriends:tongue2 even whatever, the more 'pressure' you put on yourself the easier it will become when all your doing is recording a mix
cheers
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement