return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Humans and extinction
View this Thread in Original format
Kakoroto
Ok, I dont like to type out long ass posts because most of the time I end up not making any sense at all, so i'll keep it short in hopes you guys will know what im saying. Anyways, in school today during class the subject came up of prehistoric creatures in the past and the rate of extinction at which each species, well, become extinct. Most of these mass extinction happens because of disease, or of course, humungous meteors. Also, it would seem from collected data that a mass(if not mass, then relatively large) extinction has occured about every 5 million years and has followed this pattern since the beginning of time. Now my teacher suggests(and I must say I do agree) that humans wont die from disease, war or any meteor(meteorite?)striking the earth, but rather, that we will reach a point of evolutionary stasis in which we cannot progress any further in our natural human form and eventually must become something else entirely to survive...aka cyborg, android, etc... What do you guys think about this? Will we eventually die off, because war, disease or what have you, or will we figure out a way to avoid what is programmed into nature?
Orbax
Your moms a cyborg.
nrjizer
The only reason our natural human forms wouldn't be sufficient any more is because of said disease, war or meteor.
Zenchowdah
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
Your moms a cyborg.

yeah, a hot cyborg.

Boomer187
I think your full of poo. They should make reading Darwins book mandatory even though it was boring as all hell.

ok, i was a bit harsh. But this is not the way evolution works. I think the last evolutionary advantage humans ever will need it the prefrontal cortex. So the end of the species will be from a global change in which it is impossible to adapt to. like say th epolar caps melt, we cannot survive in water...we die.

and nothing is programmed into nature, its all coincidence.
Yan
quote:
Originally posted by Kakoroto
prehistoric creatures in the past

That's where they usually are. :tongue2
Camwin
Well the suns gonna blow up in around 5 Million years so it don't matter.
Orbax
dude...prehistory just means before history...what if like...apocalypse and like..history is GONE man...and then we all smoke some weed and then WE are the prehistoric animals. and people like...come up to us and poke us and are like wtf cavemen i thought they were dead and weere like nooooo mannnn like YOURE the caveman, we are the like...yah know man...*puff* hey youre pretty hot wanna shag
Kakoroto
quote:
Originally posted by Yan
That's where they usually are. :tongue2

Heh, you got me there.
Camwin
quote:
Originally posted by Zenchowdah
yeah, a hot cyborg.

Notice those rolls. :nervous:

CyberneticAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
dude...prehistory just means before history...what if like...apocalypse and like..history is GONE man...and then we all smoke some weed and then WE are the prehistoric animals. and people like...come up to us and poke us and are like wtf cavemen i thought they were dead and weere like nooooo mannnn like YOURE the caveman, we are the like...yah know man...*puff* hey youre pretty hot wanna shag

lol
Kakoroto
quote:
Originally posted by Camwin
Well the suns gonna blow up in around 5 Million years so it don't matter.

6 BILLION to be more precise...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement