return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Armin Van Buuren 'Sound'
View this Thread in Original format
A83
I have finally found the secret to That Brightening sound Armin puts on his sets...FM Compression!

If you put a FM Compression thingamajigger on top of your sets...it enriches the sound and makes them much more vibrant and so much more wanting to listen to. :D

With
Without

It's a noticeable differance and I'm guessing a few of you would like to use it on top of your sets.

You can download it for WINAMP
http://www.z-plutonia.com/SoundSolution.exe

:)
Toufas
which plugin and which preset? :O
Boomer187
when he records his live sets he goes straight to mp3 with total recorder.

is that the sound your talkin about?
A83
Direct Download
http://www.soundsolution.it/index.p...oad&filecatid=1

Default Preset that comes with it
A83
nah see...armin has a expensive radio compression unit costs like $5,000 & produces some of the best quality out there. ;)
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by A83
nah see...armin has a expensive radio compression unit costs like $5,000 & produces some of the best quality out there. ;)

so your saying the sound of his productions......not his dj sets.
Pippins
Hi guys!

Just my 2 cents!. Yes it does lot of difference. I have been convesing with Armin on his web site forum. He will now be going digital with Ableton Live, which I've been using for a while now. The FM compression you talking about, can be found on SOUND FORGE 7.0. Sometimes I'd also put a slight delay reverb on it.

Enjoy !
Cheers!
DJ_Pippins
A83
Uhg...I just gave a link to something better than soundforge would do for fm compression ;)
miamitranceman
quote:
Originally posted by A83
I have finally found the secret to That Brightening sound Armin puts on his sets...FM Compression!

If you put a FM Compression thingamajigger on top of your sets...it enriches the sound and makes them much more vibrant and so much more wanting to listen to. :D

With
Without

It's a noticeable differance and I'm guessing a few of you would like to use it on top of your sets.

You can download it for WINAMP here

:)

Interesting you point this out. I've always wondered about this.

;)
A83
Theres also a tiny bit of reverb on armins sets...and I don't think this plugin can do that yet :(

auujay
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
when he records his live sets he goes straight to mp3 with total recorder.

is that the sound your talkin about?

I think he is talking about his ASOT sets which of course or being broadcast on FM. Radio gets tons of compression and limiting to "maximize" the sound they trasmit.
tu_face
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
so your saying the sound of his productions......not his dj sets.

no, he isn't.

all radio stations and other broadcasting places ALWAYS use compressors. its a way to safely get maximum volume without clipping, safely protecting equipment. it also, as you know, adds a nice rounded full sound to it all.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement