return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 
My WMC trip so far (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
Danny Ocean
HOLY IGN HELLL MIAMI IS THE TTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

On thursday i got there, went to a latin/hiphop bar (sr.frogs) with some friends, nothing electronic, just bitches dancing booties off.
Friday went off to Nikki Beach around 4pm, missed zabs and deep dish sadly, but thar place was a ing blast. You had topless chicks dancings, everyone going wild, it was pumping then it slowed down and we went to chill to the beach. Essential came up witth G&D and Desyn Masiello but we we already went out of the area and it was way to full to go back in so we said it
Later that night, we hit Space were PVD, Ferry and Sander were spinning. I got there around 1 am, and the line was ing HUGE. It took us about 3 hours to get it, went in about 4 30. Headed to the mainroom to watch about 25 minutes of PVDs set which ended around 5am. Cant remember much of what tracks he dropped but new respect to him. Hes so much different live, lots of energy.
5 am came and we headed up to the terrace to see Sander spin. ING HELL. what a set!!!!! i danced all ing night, once the sun started to come up the set was banging like fuuuck everyone going crazy. Awesome crowd, everyoen was cool. We made a group of friends inside, i even got to hit a joint that somehow came to me. He dropped some tracks off Everybody Too, not many though, Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart (max graham remix), Sander K - The Fruit (x2) (crowd went MADDDD with this one!!!), and i cant remember much as i was ed up in pretty much the whole day/night. But it was so ing good, definetly one of the best shows in the WMC. I left around 10 am and he was still going at it. I had no more strength left in me though and Ultra was now 5 hours away. SO got home, slept woke up and headed out to ultra around 6.
Got there, and headed off to the Steve Lawler stage which was banging. Then just went around see what was up, Moby had a nice crowd, stayed there for a few minutes, headed off to Erik Morillo. He was nuts as well, awesome set by that man. Then we went to catch some of Tiesto sets and PVDs. You had to stand on the side looking down to them unless u had VIP then u were inside the VIP area were they played. Anyways it sounded pretty good, we just chilled a bit there and headed off to Danny Howells. Definitely one of the best DJs. Howells set was one of my top favorites in the WMC as well, he ripped the place apart. After his set we went off to the AA arena for zabs, cattaneo, lavelle and Sasha/Diggers. Went in around 1am. Caught about 30 min of Zabs set. He dropped Aphex Twin - Widowclicker (Kriece remix) when we went inside the arena. Cant remember what else, he swithced with Cattaneo he would drop a track, Zabs would EFX it, then Lavelle took over.
He was spinning some weird , i didnt really like it. Nothing pumping, just rockish/electronic music. I do remember him dropping WoW - Reign (Unkle Remix), that was good. Then finally Sasha and Diggers took over. I dont remember them playing anything off involver as someone said above. Most of the tracks were new to me. THe arena then had some laser show, i was going nuts. Their set ended ans Sasha took over and used ableton as he dropped The Killed - Mr. Brightside (White Thin Duke Remix) all efx on ableton. TRACK OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole place was ING NUTS with this, loved it. They played the best set in All of WMC.
Got home around 9am and then we just chilled on sunday.
What a trip, im so glad i went, best time ive had evaaaar. I never took my camera to any of the events, but bunch of my buds had cameras so ill see that they send me the pics.
Matthias
quote:
Originally posted by Matthias
Today I went to the beach, watched to FINE topless women put suntan lotion on each other and make out. Walked down the beach for a few and found Paul van Dyk enjoying a few moments alone on the beach. I didn't talk to him since I figured he probably wanted the solitude but he was cool when I went to shake his hand. Initially I walked up to joke and tell him he looked like Paul (not realizing it was actually him) and yeah...lol.

To elaborate more on this it was close to 7am that thursday morning when there weren't too many out on the beach. I was still awake after seeing Armin van Buuren and Markus Schulz at Spin. After leaving Spin at 6:30ish I walked down to the beach to watch the sunrise, and walked next to the water in the direction of my hotel, it was between 12th and 11th street where I saw him. I walked right by only catching a glance, when that happend I was like "..O'll be damned if this guy doesnt look like.." turned around and walked up.

*tap on shoulder*
"hey bro..dunno if you get this alot but you got the same haircut as a German DJ I'm a fan off"
*him taking off his sunglasses..smiling*

me: *lol* "...Paul..I had no idea."
paul: "No worries my friend, just out enjoying the sunrise."
me: "yeah well I don't want to be a bother, it is pretty nice out and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I can't wait to hear your set tonight"
paul: "I will do my best :)"

with that I shook his hand, and just went on my way. As much as it'd be cool to have a convo with the guy about music, life in all that I can put myself in his shoes and understand he probably values his peace and quiet wherever he can get it; I know I do. But yeah that's how that morning went.
Steven Hays
Honestly what would be the point of going to Miami to see the big name DJ's like Tiesto and Armin, they're always in Texas? If I spent that kind of money I'd take advantage of the DJ's that never come to Texas. Just my thoughts...
Matthias
I went out there to have a good time. Simple as that.
Danny Ocean
i always thought matthias spun prog:conf:

guess not
Matthias
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Ocean
i always thought matthias spun prog:conf:

guess not

Okay..bro..

what I spin, and what I go out to see, are two seperate things. I am a fan of Tijs, PvD, and Armin...so naturally I will go out to support them. I also went to Space on friday to see Edgar V who (gasp) spins progressive!! After Paul's set..I went upstairs to the Terrace where I saw Sander Klienenberg who also (GASP!!) SPINS PROGRESSIVE TOO :tongue2

So....what are you babblin about again?:stongue:
Danny Ocean
sucks i didnt see u in terrace for sander then, i was right in the front of the booth.
Matthias
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Ocean
sucks i didnt see u in terrace for sander then, i was right in the front of the booth.

I didnt get up there until 6 or 7ish, the security wasnt letting anyone go up to the terrace for a while. I stayed until 8, woulda stayed longer but had to crash before going to Ultra. Was gonna say if you saw me to say hi..I know most of the people on here by name rather than face. Its all good..had a good time.
peterdjsgirl
Sounds like a great time guys... wonder if I saw any of you around :D I was at PVD for quite awhile before going back to the hotel a little before he stopped... we got there Monday night and had been out all night on THurs so we were needing a few hours of sleep. All in all it was a great week. Our favorite night was Thurs at Rumi. G&D played an incredible 5 hr set, and the energy of that night was huge. Best time we have had since PVD in NYC. (The Roxy in 2003) Truely one of those perfect nights. Now we are back to reality and attempting to recoup;)
Matthias
quote:
Originally posted by peterdjsgirl
Our favorite night was Thurs at Rumi. G&D played an incredible 5 hr set, and the energy of that night was huge.

Damnit I wanted to go to that....just a shame that the pass I bought was only good for the show at Tiesto (which ended up being worth it)..but yeah I was torn after Josh told me at Spin wed night they were playing at Rumi. Glad to hear it went off great.

architect1803
Matthias I would have passed out when PVD took his sunglasses off!!

I would have done the same though. Definitly gotta respect someones privacy. Shoulda at least got a quick pic w/ him!!

By the way Matthias did you not go to the afterparty to go see Sasha & Digweed's opening show? I dont know if you heard, but there was major rumors going around in the AA Arena that these two are gonna tour again, this time for an upcoming album done by the both of them (Global Underground). Looks like the majors are coming out again.

This is the I'm talking about. Going Global Underground style with Sasha n' Digweed!! Can't get any better than that!!

PEACE!
dj cee:whip:
Matthias
quote:
Originally posted by architect1803
Matthias I would have passed out when PVD took his sunglasses off!!

I would have done the same though. Definitly gotta respect someones privacy. Shoulda at least got a quick pic w/ him!!

By the way Matthias did you not go to the afterparty to go see Sasha & Digweed's opening show? I dont know if you heard, but there was major rumors going around in the AA Arena that these two are gonna tour again, this time for an upcoming album done by the both of them (Global Underground). Looks like the majors are coming out again.

This is the I'm talking about. Going Global Underground style with Sasha n' Digweed!! Can't get any better than that!!

PEACE!
dj cee:whip:

Yeah...a pic with the man woulda been cool...if I owned a camera. :/ But it isn't something I should soon forget. I wanted to remind him how I met him in Houston where he singed 12 of my CDs of his I had..but I dont think he would remember lol, its all good tho.

Nah :( didn't gewt to go to the afterparty. I was on the verge of maxing out my VISA card and I was completely dead from the week. Had I have gone..then went to sleep, I am almost positive I woulda missed my bus back to Houston. Next year tho..Im gonna be more financially prepared. I'm just glad I at least got to see WMC and Ultra.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Privacy Statement