return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
djing large crowd with cd/mp3?
View this Thread in Original format
hydrolisko
has anyone tried this? djing to a large crowd, say about the size of an auditorium on mp3s burned onto cds.... how is the sound? i'm afraid that it'll sound like when i try it... any insights?
Boomer187
well if you use kazzaa and grab ty quality tunes it will sound like ass. but if you go to sites like beatport it won't sound bad at all.
Salem
In all reality, a cd should sound better than a vinyl, providing its an actual cd-r, or if it is a a quality tune. but I only use Vinyl.
Inertia
depends on the quality of the recording. but for general purposes, a BOUHGT 192-320kbps mp3 will sound fine. unless it's an audiophile soundsystem.
Ghostface
I've played mp3s from beatport and audiojelly on decent sized club systems and anyone who says they can notice the difference compared to vinyl is having a laugh.
pkcRAISTLIN
depends totally on the quality of the compression ;) on a big system a 192 mp3 will sound awful.
Dhagor
all depends of the source and the soundsystem.
CosmoKid
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
In all reality, a cd should sound better than a vinyl, providing its an actual cd-r, or if it is a a quality tune. but I only use Vinyl.

a cd should never sound better then a vinyl.
TranceSpeeder
quote:
Originally posted by CosmoKid

true that, a 320kbps mp3 should be fine and sound good.
rturn214
quote:

+1

But, anyone who would have you believe you can't use CD's at a large club is full of ... all depends on recording quality, but if you go out at all these days to see quote "Big Draw" DJ's, a lot of them are integrating CD's and Vinyl in the same set and no one's sitting on the dance floor with a pen and paper going "That ones a CD... that ones a vinyl" etc.

adx
I was recently in Las Vegas, and went clubbin' at ICE. 3/4 of the DJs there were spinnin' on the DJV-X1 (just audio..). Its a growing fad. In a loud club, I highly doubt you can hear a difference.
Dervish
quote:

Hehe depends on how good a nick your records are in ;) What a can of worms this could be.

EDIT: rturn214 thats a monstor sized sig btw
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement