return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
People Who Only Post in the Chill-Out Room
View this Thread in Original format
bug_bite
I'm one of these people...I hardly ever make use of the other forums because while I love trance I'm not an mp3 collector, I don't dj, I don't produce, and to tell you the truth, I love to listen to music -- not learn about it.

But I am still a regular on this board, why is that? Well I was thinking it over and I think it's a really simple reason. We are all united here by our love for music, some of us love it more than others but still, that's why we come here. This isn't a regional message board, and it's not a "rave" message board, this is a music message board. And that really adds to the diversity of it all.

I enjoy coming and reading and posting on this board because there are people on here from around the world, from all different walks of life, with differing opinions and differing roles in the scene (or maybe no role in the scene at all). This makes for some really great discussions and topics. I love the diversity offered by this board more than the fact that I love that I can get good music on the TA homepage. I mean, what other electronic music board that is this large do you know that isn't mainly dominated by one country or area?

This is truly a global community we have here and a bonus is that I'd say about 95% (or more) of the users on this board are really cool, really nice people...I've never seen an online community that was as supportive of eachother as we all are, at least not one with this many members...we've got something really unique here. You all make it a great place to waste my time :)

Thanks guys,
-bug_bite :stongue:
randummboy
wurd.
Gekhous
i reckon this is a reaction kinda thingie to BSE's candyraver post, but i appreciate the thought...

i just post on the Chill Out and the Holland forum as well, for the same reason u do, cuz its fun, there is a high diversity n all, and ive been into the music for over 7 years already, so i know like everything i have to know about it... and i dont really feel a need to talk about it over and over again...

cheers Bug
bug_bite
quote:
Originally posted by Gekhous
i reckon this is a reaction kinda thingie to BSE's candyraver post, but i appreciate the thought...

i just post on the Chill Out and the Holland forum as well, for the same reason u do, cuz its fun, there is a high diversity n all, and ive been into the music for over 7 years already, so i know like everything i have to know about it... and i dont really feel a need to talk about it over and over again...

cheers Bug

Actually this was a reaction kinda thingie to my local message board. I am sick of the bickering and fighting that goes on. If a new person registers an account and asks about a party that is coming up s/he gets totally flamed and accused of being the promoter with a troll account trying to promote his party annonymously. If someone is a good dj/producer everyone is supportive until s/he starts getting a lot of bookings then all of a sudden they've "sold out" and there are dozens of threads making fun of them and saying how much they suck and stuff.

and even in those threads where people get in heated discussions on TA you are all still respectful to eachother and don't take it too far...there is a thread on my local board right now where people are swearing and bringing up old rumours and just down-right cat fighting...it's disgusting.

It's just such a nice change to be able to come here and not have that...

bug_bite
Gekhous
agreed with u on that already :)
bug_bite
quote:
Originally posted by Gekhous
agreed with u on that already :)

haha yah :)

;p
RavingLunatic
Agreed, this forum rocks.

I post in the amateur DJs and producers zone, and the DJ zone, as well as here. I want to learn about those arts, but as of yet, I'm just playing around with my computer..

but I'm learning alot, and when I do get my decks, I'm going to blow some minds!

anyway, yeah I love this forum, it's so nice, trance music atract peaceful people, and I guess that's why there aren't so many arguments as other places..

I bet if you went to a hip hop or rock forum, there'd be fights all the time.

my only problem with this site is that I only speak english, so I am limited to english speaking peoples posts.

There should be a universal translator so it could be TRULY global
ABTsportsline
I don't post much anymore in the Music forum for the point you made.... most of the topics are repeats...... you can only post your "all time top 10 trance tracks" soooo many times before you get tired of them.......

but yes all the thread seems to be repeats (but i can't blame the newbies - they hadn't seen the old threads).

thats why i like this chillout room - most threads are new and unique. I don't HAVE to discuss music on here... i already KNOW i like the music. But agreed with bug_bite - the peeps are pretty cool. (for the most part).

Good boards. Good People. <---should be TA's slogan LoL

-ABT-
Gekhous
a translator would be great for the non-english ppl as well!!! no more spelling or grammar errors.... imagine that : )*
Bizz
Well said bug_bite :) I'm definitely here for the same reasons as yours, mainly to enjoy the music with a really diverse community, and not to become a professional at it. I'm not a fan of posts that are based on people arguing and bickering - i.e. the opinionated posts, because once you say something, you'll eventually get blasted by some people that think they are experts (and can't realize that nobody's opinion is wrong). I agree with you that in here, this usually isn't too big of a problem :)

sothis
quote:
Actually this was a reaction kinda thingie to my local message board. I am sick of the bickering and fighting that goes on. If a new person registers an account and asks about a party that is coming up s/he gets totally flamed and accused of being the promoter with a troll account trying to promote his party annonymously

good old loungex :)
Swamper
:D Glad to see at least some people still think this...

I dunno.. some of the 'old school' peeps on here whine about how the forums have grown too fast and it's no longer a tight-knit community but if ya were to just close off membership to new people that would seem kind of wrong...

I guess it's the veteran poster following in the trend of the jaded raver who becomes upset that the scene no longer belongs to just them.

Ok, I'll stop now. :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement