return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Pioneer CDJ800 vs. Denon DNS1000
View this Thread in Original format
discobiscuit
I am going get a CDJ setup here soon and i am torn between the Pioneer CDJ800 and the Denon DNS1000. I was going to buy two CDJ tables for the setup (2x of one or the other). I was wondering which one you guys think is better and WHY.

ps. would it be stupid to buy 1 pioneer CDJ1000 and 1 CDJ800?
or 1 DNS1000 and 1 DNS3500. is it alright to have two different
tables for the setup.

thanks,
bisco
punjabi
its ok to have 2 different ones, but you will probably be happier with two of them same.

is your login referring to the band the disco biscuits? theyre my favorite band.
Tony Morello
having played on all the tables mentioned
my pick goes to the pioneer cdj-1000mk2

the denons felt like a toy, the spinning platter does all, you can't pitch bend with it because it's way too sensitive
wound up using the pitch bend buttons instead

the more features a piece of equipment has, the more features it has to break
purpose-built gear will always outlast and outperform that has so much useless crap that doesn't really need to be there

i'd buy any of the pioneer decks, they're cd players and that's it
they're also built to withstand the intense rigors of club use, so you know they're going to stand up to the bedroom
discobiscuit
Hell yeah, i love TDB!!! i've been to 11 shows this year and saw conspirator w/ dj omen in nyc and philly over the weekend. they have 4 shows for nye scheduled, so u better B there for their new drummer...

anyway, i was thinking about doing this.. i was gonna get a dns3500 and a dns1000. i am new to DJ'ing, but i was gonna use the dns1000 to spin the trance music and the dns3500 would be used to mix tracks in and out of the trance jam which would be going on the dns1000. that way i could manipulate the tracks w/ vocals on the 3500 and have the trance spinning on the dns1000. does that sound like a good gameplan?

i'm still torn guys ~ WHAT SHOULD I GET?:
1) 2 cdj800's
2) 2 dns1000's
3) 1 cdj1000 and 1 cdj800
4) 1 dns3500 and 1 dns1000

thanks
bisco
Tony Morello
some days i wonder if i'm actually typing in english or have i actually invented my own language that no one else understands
discobiscuit
thanks, but i wasnt considering the pioneer100, i want something that will let me spin like a turntable. i am not interested in a cd player, i'm interested in a cdj setup.. thanks alot though i will look into that...

bisco
discobiscuit
oh u mean the cdj1000 yeah i heard that pioneer is the way to go. i definitely cant afford 2 cdj1000's though... what do u think would be a better idea?

2 pioneer cdj800's
1 pioneer cdj800 and 1 cdj1000

sorry for the miscommunication... i thought u were talkin about one of those regular cd players that dont have the platter that the pioneers and denons have...
Tony Morello
i forgot a 0 in 1000

cdj-1000mk2

at the very least the cdj-800

www.pioneerprodj.com

trust me, i've been in this game for a while now... too long it sometimes seems...

i've owned and used a LOT of different pieces of gear, pretty much every kind of turntable they make out there, all sorts of mixers, and numerous cd players

out of all the cd decks out there, the one that gave the best feel was the pioneer cdj-1000mk2, there's a reason why it's a required piece of gear on a lot of dj's riders

if possible, go to your local equipment store and ask to demo the gear, play around with it and decide what's best for you
in the end it will be YOU buying it and YOU playing on it
just don't get sucked into buying an inferior product because of a flashy gimmick
Tony Morello
quote:
Originally posted by discobiscuit
oh u mean the cdj1000 yeah i heard that pioneer is the way to go. i definitely cant afford 2 cdj1000's though... what do u think would be a better idea?

2 pioneer cdj800's
1 pioneer cdj800 and 1 cdj1000

sorry for the miscommunication... i thought u were talkin about one of those regular cd players that dont have the platter that the pioneers and denons have...

if you can't afford the 1000, look at the 800
really, any of the newer pioneer cd decks won't let you down
discobiscuit
can i make up for lack of effects with the cdj800 with a mixer? if so, which one.. or do u think it would just be better to save for 2 cdj1000's and get a simple mixer like the pioneer300 or something...

thanks

FŽanor
I have two CDJ-800. They are great, nothing to complain. For the effects, you can also have an external effects unit. However, I've never tried the Denons.
discobiscuit
awsome ~ i think i am leaning towards the 2 800's..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement