return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Car crash
View this Thread in Original format
Jackson
So last night i was driving along single track lanes to pick my girlfriend up from the train station. Single track roads are common where i live so i'm used to driving along them. It was at night,wet roads and muddy since the roads are used by tractors and stuff.
So im going along happily (Listening to Airdrawndagger might i add) and a feamle roe deer jumped through the small hedge on the left hand side of the road. Now my car isn't huge (Renault clio Mk1 1.2) so hitting the deer wasnt an option. I swerved the deer, the car slid to the right, then as i tried to correct it, slid to the left, then again to the right.
I hit at 30ish MPH a wooden gate post that was concreted into the ground, a thick wooden fence and some large boulders. All this was at the entrance to a farmers field. Luckily the steel fence was open. Anyway, as soon as it happened i saw smoke (which i later realised was just the radiator) so handbrake on, engine off, keys out and get the away from the car because i had a full tank of petrol and didnt want to hang around.
Started walking up to the farm up the road, but couldnt see any lights so i headed the other way towards a house with lights on. Waved down a landrover and it was the farmer that owned the land, he took me to his house and made me a cup of tea while i called my dad and the RAC. I was shaking like mad.
Anyways, later i went to hospital and they said i've just got bad whiplash and bruising on my chest. So i got some "Arnica" cream to help the swelling go down. So i'm sat here with a heat pack around my neck too.
Now you'll see pics in a minute, i'll go to take some pictures as the car is on my drive (the RAC recovered it last night). The crash doesn't look terrible, but the car stopped within 7-8 feet of the pole i hit so i went from 30ish mph to 0mph in 7 feet.
Oh Airbag is fitted to the steering wheel by a local garage but it didn't go off even though they assured me i didnt need to take it to a dealership to get it fitted. So i might be having words with a lawyer about that.
Pics will be posted within 10 mins.
Sunsnail
Glad to hear you're ok. Is the car still drivable? How did your gf get home.
dinoXpress
hOLY , sucks man...

just got back from a CRAZY trance party!!

Don't kill my buzz!

Glad ur ok!
_Nut_
quote:
Originally posted by dinoXpress
hOLY , sucks man...

just got back from a CRAZY trance party!!

Don't kill my buzz!

Glad ur ok!

Because your buzz is more important than a human life:rolleyes:
dinoXpress
quote:
Originally posted by _Nut_
Because your buzz is more important than a human life:rolleyes:

Well, i should have said, im glad u didnt kill my buzz, because luckily hes ok, could have been a lot worse.
stren
too much reading, but glad ur ok
Jackson
Ok so here are the pics. Only had a couple of minutes to take pics because it was starting to rain outside.

Sunsnail
does it still run?
Jackson
Yeah, the engine does. The radiator is screwed up as it has been pushed back towards the manifold and the from friver side pillow is burst. Paid £40 for that 3 weeks ago since its a firestone tyre.
So yeah the engine works but i wouldnt drive it with a burst tyre and a cracked radiator. :p
superglo
kinda looks like what happened to my car when a friend of mine crashed it.

shades_of_gray
quote:
Originally posted by superglo
kinda looks like what happened to my car when a friend of mine crashed it.

u nuts letting a friend drive your car!!

glad your ok tho mate, i was driving home last night in some pretty ty conditions to
raph93
french cars sucks :o
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement