return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Ode to a dead friend
View this Thread in Original format
RavingLunatic
I called home today.
the place I call home anyway.
where my stuff is and where I pay rent.
where I still feel like i'm a stranger.

my roomate answered.
he said "have you heard the news?"
I said no.

he said:
"Will passed away."
"he was swimming in the lake."
"he drowned."

my heart sank.
a chill ran up my back.
i didn't understand.
it was impossible.
he was so young, so full of life!

I firedanced with him,
all summer down at the park.
I told him I would keep going through the winter
even when it got too cold.

but I broke my promise.

And without me there,
everyone else stopped too.

How I wish I could have had those
few more nights with him.

I still have his firestaff.
The one he made lovingly, expertly,
with his own two hands out of a piece of driftwood.
a beautfiul thing it was, collapsible into 3 pieces
For easy carrying.
Too bad he'll never carry it again.

I remember the night
me and him spent on the beach
dancing, talking about life
drinking tea, eating bread
living.

he was invited to my New Years Eve party goddamnit!
I was dissapointed because he didn't show up.
Now I know why.

He inspired me, he taught me, he was my brother.
And now he's gone.

I don't know how to feel now.
j_spot
Im just going to assume this is for real...cuz anybody who says this when it aint real is sick.

so dude..your friend drowned...thats harsh. Sorry for your loss, and I know theres nothing I can do, but life goes on for the rest of us. Pay your condolences, make peace do whatever you must. Trance probly has nothing to do with this, so I wont try to make it sound like trance is a cure all. on the other hand, ill be missing you by puff daddy is my 'to remember those stolen from us' song. RIP bree
RavingLunatic
I assure you it is real. I am mourning in my own way..

I will fuel up his firestaff tonite, put my speakers outside, and dance like a madman in the snow. I hope he sees me and smiles.
hypronix
There are no words to help U know... but I hope U will find peace of mind soon...

God rest Ur friend in peace!

hyp
Henkie_henk
*respect*

my condoleances go towards you..
InsomnEac
yep, you got my condolances too...

thats sad, but its good you have your own way to mourn it, i hope that makes it a bit better.

:sadgreen:
Vivid Boy
dude that just opened some locked horrible memories and i am honestly in tears.....

i have been thorugh this and all i can say is that time does help..it doesnt heal it just helps..... but another thing man i want to leave you some helpful words and helpful advice...#1 do whatever you can to make yourself feel better about the whole thing...i mean if u had any unfinished business try in someway to finish it....sounds ed but its true ill give you an example because it does sound ed up...but like what bugged me when my friend died was all the years of life he was gonna miss and everything that was gonna happen without him....so what i did with a few friends was make a time pod.....we put memories in this box like pics of the year that just went by and buried it at the park we used to chill at....every year we updated it....it kinda releaved some stress....and another thing i want to tell you is that you have lost a friend but u have gained an angel....i see my friend as my guardian angel and he has helped me in my life alot
Rustang!
my deepest condolances......

last year the guy who taught me the basics of pruducing passed away at the young age of 18, and the whole school mourned for months. i hate hearing when people die young, because it makes me wonder whether or not i am living as i should be living.

this is how i mourned for a lost friend: http://www.inmemoryofashonried.cjb.net/
RavingLunatic
*drops a manly tear* :(

thanks...
Gekhous
my condolances....

we r all here for ya dude, u hang in there!!

verminator
hms.. not cool to read stuff like this

you got my condolances

for you friend, r.i.p - plur

nice song to listen too in moments like this;

Green Day - Good Riddane (Time Of Your Life)
HaZZa
I can relate to this in so far, that ma dad died 4 yrs ago.
He had cancer for 6 months and was in bed most of the time. I really found out how much your own family can mean to you. I have 3 brothers, a sister and i'm a twin with another sister, and i realised that without them things would have been much and much and much harder to cope with.

Lunatic, i just have one advice for you. TALK ABOUT IT. Talk about everything that bothers you, that you liked about him, things you remember about him even stuff that sounds irrelevant.
It's just that when you empty your heart and feelings towards someone else, you both feel better.

It's been 4 years now since my dad died, and if learned to handle it. I dont feel awkward when people ask me, although they really act weird when you talk about it. People who havent experienced what you have, will never understand the way you feel. But dont judge them for it. They DO know what you have been through, and all they want to do is help you with it. I have lost some great friends coz of that, and i had a hard time getting some of them back.

The positive side (if there is any) is that you grow towards friends more and more. Things like death are never nice to see or experience around you. But talking about it, and remembering/honouring your loved one(s) will grows tight relationships between you and your dear(est) friends. In the 4 years i've had to cope with this, i have found my brother to be one, if not THE best friend i have ever had.
In the end, this will make you a different person, and it will only make you stronger.

Just keep your friend in your heart, and think about him the way you knew and STILL know him. Coz death is never the end.

Condoleances friend, i wish you strength...

HaZ
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement