return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
The 5 downsides of an iPod
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Cinos
Having had a 20 gb one for a while now, I feel I can tell you the bad sides of it...

1) Scratches. Seriously, it scratches if I clean it with a super-soft cloth meant for cleaning stuff that scratches easily. It scratches if you breath upon it.

2) iTunes + Quicktime killlaargh kombo.

3) Sound quality is good, but bass frequencies are not really "full".

4) Player -> computer music transfer? Forget it, not without external software.

5) Doesn't offer many features. Not talking about radio and that, because nobody listens to the radio, but an equalizer, a recorder...?

Yeh. So I've decided to sell mine and buy the iAudio X5V instead - that's way cheaper than the iPod, coated in metal, supposedly with better sound, and lots more "stuff" - except radio, which I don't want.

Any more downsides, or do you disagree with these? Let's hear!
citric_acid
i like my creative zen micro :)

only the battery is lame... gotta get a new one
montana
i'm a get an ipod now just because you said it sucks
ivanbee
who cares about scratches? and the ipod has a KILLER eq!
DJ Cinos
quote:
Originally posted by ivanbee
who cares about scratches? and the ipod has a KILLER eq!

Please make your sarcasm a bit more apparent next time... I thought you were serious about the second bit for a while there.
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Cinos
Please make your sarcasm a bit more apparent next time... I thought you were serious about the second bit for a while there.

That's the point.
Lepanto
ipods really do suck.

-battery life is utter and it dies after about half a year.
DJ Cinos
quote:
Originally posted by Lepanto
ipods really do suck.

-battery life is utter and it dies after about half a year.

That latter part isn't true. I've owned mine for longer than that and notice no decline in battery capacity.
Ygrene
6) Not edible.
Lepanto
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Cinos
That latter part isn't true. I've owned mine for longer than that and notice no decline in battery capacity.

yes it is true. i work with them :)

last week, my friend who got his ipod about 8 months ago, kept charging it at work and i was liek what are you doing? he's like the battery doesn't work for over 5 hours or so. so he charged it and let the music keep playing (note: without touching any buttons that drain more energy) and about 6 hours later when we were closing it was dead as ing dead.

not to mention that there were other cases all over the web, including, in reviews and even threads here in the CORe about it, brohan.

Azz3D
this is the biggest downside

http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/cultof...ntry_id=1301656
Lepanto
i wish death on whoever owns that!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement