return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
DJing with MP3. Tips & Tricks
View this Thread in Original format
blacknoizybox
first of all i kindly ask people down the lane not to flood the topic with posts like "only retards play mp3" or "the warm feel of vinys is so much better"

i was wondering:
how should one take as much as the mp3 sound can give. i mean EQ tweaking, gain, burning to CDR, playing on CDJs etc.

anyone have some advice? tips, tricks? how to make mp3 sound decent...:p :p :p
Basstard
make sure its encoded (from source) at a minimum of 192kbps. not much else you can do really
tvmann
Use a good ripping program such as Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and a good encoder such as LAME (which EAC uses although it can use other encoders). EAC can optionally test and repair the data it gets from your CDs to make sure it's good, which most programs don't do.

I notice on recent downloads from BeatPort they are now using LAME, previously they used GOGO.

I use variable bitrate (VBR) MP3s made from EAC (alt preset standard), they sound fine, same sound but smaller files than 320 kbps constant bitrate (CBR) which many of the commercial download stores are using.

Here's a great forum for more info:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums...hp?showforum=55
blacknoizybox
thanx for the info, but im more interested in playing mp3 that where already encoded before me. you know what i mean
should i play mp3 if a had a cd-version of the track :p
Spacey Orange
my only suggestion is to not do it. instead, use wav rips and then compress to mp3 if necessary.
blacknoizybox
quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
my only suggestion is to not do it. instead, use wav rips and then compress to mp3 if necessary.

i DO NOT have audio cds! only mp3s
DizkokidD
shame on you, were gonna have to contact RIAA
blacknoizybox
quote:
Originally posted by DizkokidD
shame on you, were gonna have to contact RIAA

dont make me contact Al Quaida:eek: ;)
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by blacknoizybox
dont make me contact Al Quaida:eek: ;)

george bush is monitoring this thread. he may have to use his ultimate executive powers to declare war on the Ukraine. consider your people warned.
blacknoizybox
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
george bush is monitoring this thread. he may have to use his ultimate executive powers to declare war on the Ukraine. consider your people warned.

ok ok!
1. im not downloading a single mp3
im gonna get employed and if im lucky ill have 4-5 vinyls per month which is jusy fine :rolleyes:

2. not THE Ukraine . just Ukraine, youre not talking about THE 3rd world f00l

3. have you ever tried "salo" ? well if you havent, count your cdj-1000 useless and your life wasted ;)

Timski
All I can say is Im glad I live in the Australia...
mndeg
no different than vinyl if you are using SSL
except for the lack of pops and stuff
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement