return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Euro 2008 qualifying groups
View this Thread in Original format
Ian
Group A:
Kazakhstan
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Finland
Belgium
Serbia & Montenegro
Poland
Portugal

Group B:
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Lithuania
Scotland
Ukraine
Italy
France

Group C:
Malta
Moldova
Hungary
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Norway
Turkey
Greece

Group D:
San Marino
Cyprus
Wales
Rep of Ireland
Slovakia
Germany
Czech Republic

Group E:
Andorra
Macedonia
Estonia
Israel
Russia
Croatia
England

Group F:
Liechtenstein
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Denmark
Spain
Sweden

Group G:
Luxembourg
Belarus
Albania
Slovenia
Bulgaria
Romania
Holland
The_G0dfather
belgium = ed again
Ian
imo russia, croatia & israel away will be a good test for england.
The_G0dfather
england had a very good draw
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by The_G0dfather
england had a very good draw

can't wait for our visit to haifa or wherver with Hamas in charge of palestinians tho :nervous:
zoric
Group A:
Kazakhstan
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Finland
Belgium
Serbia & Montenegro
Poland
Portugal

Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia is weak teams. Belgium is better and can play against the best. Serbia & Montenegro is my home team and we're going to play good I hope. Poland also another great team and Portugal is probably favourites if they manage to win against the 3 weak teams :haha:

Seriously though, A very tough group for my Serbia & Montenegro. Even tougher for Godfather and also for Paraonik.

Paranoik vs. Godfather vs. Zoric :D:D

Group B:
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Lithuania
Scotland
Ukraine
Italy
France

Faroe Islands won't take any points, Georgia can be up there if they're playing good against the good teams, probably not. Lithuania isn't a threat to be honest. Neither is Scotland, not what I think anyways, it's a way to tough group for them. It'll instead be a constant battle between France, Italy and the brilliant Ukraine. Hopefully they will kick out France.

Group C:
Malta
Moldova
Hungary
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Norway
Turkey
Greece

Malta sucks, the same thing with Moldova, Hungary is an outsider together with Bosnia & Herzegovina. Norway, Turkey and Greece will be considered as favourites, I think the Greece's have alot of show after failing to qualify for the WC, the same with the turks. It'll be another two hot meetings between Greece and Turkey. Norway is a little higher outsider than BiH and Hungary, never count them away because they're awefully strong, although Sergej Barbarez has stopped playing for the national team of Bosnia, they're former captain and number one player so they will be much weaker.

Group D:
San Marino
Cyprus
Wales
Rep of Ireland
Slovakia
Germany
Czech Republic

San Marino suck and they will score like 3 goals max, Cyprus may not be any threat in this group although they've ed up for big teams before. Wales can play good if they manage to win against the weaker teams and play like they did against teams like Italy in the last Euro Qualifier. Republic of Ireland is a team that's always up there and they will be, trust me. Slovakia very close to reach the WC in Germany and Germany will probably be considered as favourites together with Czech Republic. Czech's in another tough group, last time they faced Netherlands and Romania and managed to go to the playoffs in Germany for this summer.

Group E:
Andorra
Macedonia
Estonia
Israel
Russia
Croatia
England

Anodorra can't do a , they will be glad with 1 point and 1 goal scored. Macedonia is too weak away to do something, although they hate the englishmen very much, so England may lose points away. Estonia isn't any threat either, I must say that Israel, Russia and Croatia is awefully strong sides, especially the Israelis which I love watching. Croatia will probably be favourites together with England, but never count Russia away, they can play good football from time to time.

Group F:
Liechtenstein
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Denmark
Spain
Sweden

Liechtenstein played equal against Portugal last Qualifier, but they suck and haven't done anything for football, except when I played Euro 2004 with them :haha: Northern Ireland ed up England last time they played and have potential to screw bigger teams. Iceland hasn't got the material to go through and win over the better teams in this group. Latvia is nothing and won't make it, even though they played Euro 2004 in Portugal. Denmark, Spain and Sweden, It's all about those teams. Sweden vs. Denmark and the opposite will be two very interesting matches. I hope Spain failes to qualify, Sweden & Denmark ftw.

Group G:
Luxembourg
Belarus
Albania
Slovenia
Bulgaria
Romania
Holland

Luxembourg suck, won't get any points. Belarus can win over the best teams, and play good at least. Albania is strong like any other Balkan-team at home, awefully strong I must say even though they suck away. Slovenia hasn't played any big tournament since 2002, maybe time for that, but they have to beat Romania and Netherlands who's once again in the same group, this time without Czech Republic.

Those One-Way-Teams, who only play good at home has to play very good away to even have a chance to go through.
The_G0dfather
quote:
Originally posted by zoric

Seriously though, A very tough group for my Serbia & Montenegro. Even tougher for Godfather and also for Paraonik.

Paranoik vs. Godfather vs. Zoric :D:D

i dont mind, i'm a fan of Holland anyways
Belgium aint attractive at all
zoric
quote:
Originally posted by The_G0dfather
i dont mind, i'm a fan of Holland anyways
Belgium aint attractive at all

ahwell, I'm looking forward to that :D
Acid Circus
Wow we got a very easy group, I'm off to book tickets to Austira already!
The_G0dfather
quote:
Originally posted by Acid Circus

lol, italy and france, just try and get 3rd and play a decider

zoric
quote:
Originally posted by Acid Circus

Are you serious? :haha:
paranoik0
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Group A:
Kazakhstan
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Finland
Belgium
Serbia & Montenegro
Poland
Portugal

Ha, Zoric vs. me :D I think Serbia is clearly our biggest opponent, although Poland and Belgium on their top form are very serious teams and will definitely push for qualification. I don't like the 3 trips to teh Soviet Russia, I'd gladly replace them by someone like Faroe or Malta. Can't say I'm pleased with the draw, but atleast we avoided Italy, Spain and Germany. I can see us ing up qualification this time.

quote:
Group B:
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Lithuania
Scotland
Ukraine
Italy
France

Italy vs France, w00t. Everyone is aware nowadays of the danger Ukraine represents so I have no doubt they won't be underestimated and the big guns will go through. Scotland were decent 10 years ago, they're now and won't go anywhere. Beware of Georgia.

quote:
Group C:
Malta
Moldova
Hungary
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Norway
Turkey
Greece

This group is so damn even. Turkey ftw, but they're not much stronger than Norway or Greece. Bosnia and Hungary can easily surprise those 3 and enter the fight. Malta and Moldova WILL win points against those 3 too.

quote:
Group D:
San Marino
Cyprus
Wales
Rep of Ireland
Slovakia
Germany
Czech Republic

Not really the easiest group. Germany and Czech are the obvious favs, but I bet one of them will underperform and Ireland will get closer. Wales and Slovakia can't be underestimated neither.

quote:
Group E:
Andorra
Macedonia
Estonia
Israel
Russia
Croatia
England

Easy group for England, first place without problems. Russia and Croatia will fight for 2nd, I'm betting on teh commies. Croatia has gone downhill over the last few years.

quote:
Group F:
Liechtenstein
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Denmark
Spain
Sweden

Haha, Spain are so ed. Nevertheless, I'm thinking Sweden will disappoint and Denmark will go through. Liechenstein will get hammered by most. N.Ireland, Iceland and Latvia won't be easy to defeat but won't have a chance in hell to qualify (and yes, I do realise Latvia done it last time).

quote:
Group G:
Luxembourg
Belarus
Albania
Slovenia
Bulgaria
Romania
Holland

Seemingly easy group for Holland.. but watch out. Belarus are very underrated, and Bulgaria is building up a tremendous striking partnership (Berbatov-Bojinov). Romania could bounce back after several poor years, and Slovenia have qualified not too long ago for an Euro and a World Cup. So no idea on who will be 2nd placed.

All of these predictions obviously depend on what will happen in the World Cup.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement