return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Recording Sets
View this Thread in Original format
AndySmith
I dont have a laptop, and cant really afford to buy one.

So is there any other didital device that i can use to record a set then put onto PC? Just as a tie over thing until i can afford a laptop.

Also my brother has a really slow laptop that has about 17GB harddrive (that bad) so what kind of things would i need to buy in order to be able to record.

Websites would be helpful, cheers
McKee
http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/it...ort=&terms=ikey gemini IKEY :D
DJ Elf
Use your computer?

Soundforge 8
Audacity

All you need is RCA cable and one of those programs and you don't need much more.. And course hook everything up to your computer -.-
AndySmith
quote:
Originally posted by McKee
http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/it...ort=&terms=ikey gemini IKEY :D

Mate that looks perfect, do you have one?
McKee
no, but i'm in the same problem as you, therefore i intend to get one soon
MERiDiAN5i2
how about a good ole CD-recordable deck? then you'll be recording directly to a CD. transfering the music to your PC will be as simple as ripping the CD.

dont forget S/PDIF -- S/PDIF interfaces for the PC are hella cheap now (some motherboards even have built in S/PDIF now) and that will let you transfer from any S/PDIF capable deck directly to the PC, 100% digital. that opens up minidisc and DAT decks as well.

honestly, dont bother with the laptop. they crash, get broken easy, and are a prime theft target! the mini harddrives in them are very delicate, and your overall investment is quite high... nevermind how quickly they become outdated.

if your looking for something to take to a gig, consider a portable DAT recorder. tapes are most resistent to massive vibration from large sound rigs, which tend to muck up portable CD recorders.
Freak
For the price of an Ikey (which is hot actually) you can get a CD recorder.
If you get one that can use CDRW, then you can record, rip from cd--> then re-use discs.
I swear by mine....
AndySmith
Where can i get a CD-RW from, and if its the same price as the Ikey, then digital will be better than CD and probably quicker, no? I have a Sony MP3 player, do you think the Ikey will record onto the MP3 player? It says any USB device, and that is a UDB device??
nutsan
why not just use your pc?
L.E.N.
quote:
Originally posted by nutsan
why not just use your pc?

Thats how Im setup...but an hour mix is 2 gigs.:whip: Im using a converter so I can Have 24bit/96khz sound....then I can dither it down to 78megs mp3. Still huge but it keeps the quality.

nutsan
buy an external hard drive if your stuff for space. still cheaper than that gemini thing. then ud have loads of gigs to record on!

wen you record, it records it to wav which takes up loads of space, but once your done mixing you can encode it to mp3 at any bit rate you want. this makes the file about 75% smaller. plus you have an advantage of level meters which that gemini thingy doesnt have.
Pinokio
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Elf
Use your computer?

Soundforge 8
Audacity

All you need is RCA cable and one of those programs and you don't need much more.. And course hook everything up to your computer -.-

Id id that, but I don't get to record anything, I can not even hear the sound coming from my mixer.

I have apir of CDJ-200 and a Vestax PCV-275 Mixer.

Do I need a special soundcard to record my mixes?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement