return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Rob Turner - Apologies
View this Thread in Original format
DJ RJT

...for being a stressy dick who hasn't been able to put out anything he's really happy with and taking out the frustrations and stress of school, and life in general, on the TA's... Here are my apologies:

1. Ada - MAPS (Michael Mayer & Tobias Thomas Mix)
2. Far East Coast - Moreish (Relay Dub)
3. Switch - A Bit Patchy (Eric Prydz Mix)
4. Tom Mangan - Chutney
5. James Talk - Love That Acid (Paul Woolford Mix)
6. Petter - Modern Eternity
7. The Vanisher - The Tic-Tac Tactic (Original Mix)
8. 16 Bit Lolitas - Sedna
9. Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story (Bushwacka Mix)
10. Moonface - U Get So You Give

Right Click and Save-As

Positive and negative criticism welcome - Feedback has been mixed so far, some really dig it, some not so much, but all in all, I'm happy with myself for the first time in a while, so I hope you enjoy.

This will be it for me for a while, as with a lot of finals, projects, and live shows coming up in the next couple months I most likely won't be trying to put the effort into putting "more" out there just for the sake of "more" being out there, and focusing more on live performance as well as finding some new music and producers out there to provide some inspiration, but I did want to get at least one set out there that I was happy with prior to taking a little recording break.

PS: I won't be deleting/removing this mix. Sorry about the last one, but I was really unhappy and embarrassed with how it turned out... :(

Recording information: 2 x CDJ800 --> Allen & Heath Xone 62 --> Pioneer EFX 500 --> M-Audio Firewire Audiophile -> Felttip SS 2.2.2 via iBook G4
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RJT
3. Switch - A Bit Patchy (Eric Prydz Mix)

quoted to fix the spelling error ;)
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
quoted to fix the spelling error ;)

please delete this post lol it's sooooo negative...

...every time :(
djarecebo
Your post is too long to read, but I will download the mix :toothless
lücid
quote:
please delete this post lol it's sooooo negative...

...every time :(

hey i gotta fulfill my duties as your DJ hoe/secretary/manager :p
djarecebo
Going to listen while i mow the lawn, will have verdict soon
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by djarecebo
Going to listen while i mow the lawn, will have verdict soon

Thanks M8! Anxiously awaiting your thoughts...
djarecebo
quote:
Thanks M8! Anxiously awaiting your thoughts...

Good to hear you're anxious not eager, cause i'm gonna rip you a new one :haha:
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by djarecebo
Good to hear you're anxious not eager, cause i'm gonna rip you a new one :haha:

:( :nervous:
djarecebo
quote:
:( :nervous:

metaphorically speaking :wtf:

lücid
i hesitate to post a review of this until i listen to it a few more times, on a good system... you already know my initial feedback, Rob, but i think it's unfair since i was listening at work and i really prefer to listen to stuff in my car. so i'm going to listen to it on the ride up tonite and see if i can give you some more positive feedback.

sorry for being a picky elitist bitch. :p
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
i hesitate to post a review of this until i listen to it a few more times, on a good system... you already know my initial feedback, Rob, but i think it's unfair since i was listening at work and i really prefer to listen to stuff in my car. so i'm going to listen to it on the ride up tonite and see if i can give you some more positive feedback.

sorry for being a picky elitist bitch. :p

No worries kiddo... It's like I said, some responses have been unreal, and some have just been OK, and a lot of the people who are not feelin' at as much state a lot of the same reasons that are the reasoning behind why the people who have dug it, dig it.

The fact is that this mix IS a bit eclectic, with bits of acid, tech, deep, prog, electro, and funky house spiced throughout the sets. Alongside that, a lot of the tune appearing in here aren't exactly new or perhaps have been canned to death by other DJ's (e.g. Sedna), but when it comes down to it, in my opinion the set has a pretty solid flow, and the eclectic nature of it gives it some personality that I feel perhaps has been lacking not only from my own work, but also from a lot of house and trance DJ's as of late.

In any event, there's always going to be mixed opinions... All I ask is honesty, and beyond that I just have to accept that I can't please everyone, every time, and just have the balls to stand behind work that I believe in.

/another long winded post. :rolleyes:

:p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement