return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
ITunes
View this Thread in Original format
jammyspoon
I was just wondering, how itunes can actually help unsigned artists out? This is how I see it works, itunes agree to sell my music for around a 50% cut, then Im stuck in a list with about 10 million other unsigned artists and 10 million signed artists. ITunes wont promote me individually, so the chances of someone actually seeing my music is about 20 million to 1, so thats gives me probably more chance of winning the lottery..

So what am I missing?
TazZ-erT
The fact that your music is 'out there' so to speak, if one person does get your track, they might tell a friend ect ect, before you know it you could be the next tiesto
Yan
The fact that you have the option of self promoting through websites such as MySpace or internet forums such as this one. If you voice yourself and actually have good content to back it up, word will spread.
jammyspoon
quote:
Originally posted by TazZ-erT
The fact that your music is 'out there' so to speak, if one person does get your track, they might tell a friend ect ect, before you know it you could be the next tiesto

So just as I thought, I have more chance of winning the lottery and then starting my own ITunes.
Yan
quote:
Originally posted by jammyspoon
So just as I thought, I have more chance of winning the lottery and then starting my own ITunes.

Not true. You can always better your chances with getting your music sold through various methods. As for the lottery, you have to spend more and more money and yet your chances are still very slim.
jammyspoon
If anyone would like to listen to my music and tell me if I have a chance of actually selling something, check - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=459901

Any constructive critism welcome..
TazZ-erT
I really like that 'Signs Of Red' track!
jammyspoon
Cheers man. I cant believe someone actually likes it!! Cool

Thanks again
TazZ-erT
Deffinatly something id spin :)
jammyspoon
quote:
Originally posted by TazZ-erT
Deffinatly something id spin :)

You serious? cool, PM your e-mail and I'll send ya a copy of the full version.

TazZ-erT
Pm sent ;)
jdat
I never pictured Itunes to be a platform for promotion ( but I must admit having never purchased anything with it I am in no position to speak ).

Isn't Itunes sole purpose to be an online digital music merchant, no more no less?!

I believe it has to be a good way to sell music for up and coming artists who have no access to other means of distribution ( brick and mortar shops and the like ) but making that so called breakthrough either inside Itunes or in the mainstream is a whole different matter.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement